1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 2 thread -- Father Lumpkin is undefeated

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

No. Rumor was that he was in Charlotte, but Timbuktu, or somewhere between here and there - big emphasis on being much closer to there - was probably more accurate.

Surely, Fox has better options. Give a kid a shot ... it will be easier to listen to him/her get his/her first 200 mistakes out of the way than to listen to Myers screw up another broadcast.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

i remember when doing NFL games on TV was seen as a primo gig - judging by the names I see on the network rosters it isn't anymore outside of the top one or two teams. It seems like its something to do to get out of the house and supplement your job and give you stories for corporate golf outings. And I have no idea who the no. 2 teams are at Fox and CBS just judging by the pairings.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If you were rooting for the Ravens, you had to love Harbaugh asking Jackson if he wanted to go for it. It was a stark contrast to Mike Tomlin punting on fourth-and-one down two scores to the Raiders midway through the fourth quarter, seemingly without any input from Roethlisberger. Of course, the Ravens have a running game, so that kinda helps.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

When Wilson is first in the grasp, the ball is in the end zone.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Steelers made their defense look competent, but it's not very good. The offense can be good, but they aren't going to get to face defenses with half their starters out every week.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The tackle starts just outside, the ball was just out.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

You and the official had a different view than me.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

If you watch the replay, you'll see he had dropped into coverage rather than rushing. While Kelce was taking a weaving, indirect path to the end zone and slowing while breaking tackles along the way, the NT was able to catch up. Still impressive that he could do that.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Maybe the dumbest throw he's made as a pro QB.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

You've got the best runner in the league and a yard to go to win the game.

It was unquestionably the correct call.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

It was ridiculous to stop that play.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I thnk the Raiders defense is much better than you think it is.

It will be interesting to see how that plays out over the course of the season.

Draft saved Draft deleted