1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 2 thread -- Father Lumpkin is undefeated

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Father Lumpkin - Wikipedia

Thursday night
    NYG at WSH (-3.5), NFL

Sunday early
    CIN at CHI (-3), FOX
    HOU at CLE (-12.5), CBS
    LAR (-4) at IND, FOX
    BUF (-3.5) at MIA, FOX
    NE (-5.5) at NYJ, FOX
    SF (-3.5) at PHI, FOX
    LV at PIT (-5.5), CBS
    NO (-3.5) at CAR, FOX
    DEN (-6) at JAX, CBS

Sunday late
    MIN at ARI (-4.5), FOX
    ATL at TB (-12.5), FOX
    DAL at LAC (-3), CBS
    TEN at SEA (-5.5), CBS

Sunday night
    KC (-3.5) at BAL, NBC

Monday night
    DET at GB (-11), ESPN

Well, I think I picked a good week to have to work on Sunday. This is a shit slate. Raiders-Steelers, Niners-Eagles, Bills-Dolphins and Cowboys-Chargers are interesting. Sunday night could be OK. Seattle -5.5 seems like stealing money. Tennessee fucking sucks.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Any relation to Lurleen?

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

That Thursday and Monday night games are going to be trash. Ooof. Sunday night has a chance to be great but Baltimore needs to give Lamar help or that one will be over by half. What’s going to be the best game? Raiders-Steelers?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  4. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

The first TD in Lions history
    Talk about a dubious distinction

maumann likes this.
  5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Cowboys at Chargers could be fun.

Raiders-Steelers should be close. The Steelers should be able to pressure Carr. The Raiders should be able to get to Roethlisberger. Perhaps a low-scoring game?

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think the Raiders secondary is going to be exposed. They blew multiple coverages Monday and only paid for it a few times. The D line is better than they were last year, but I also think they'll have a big hangover after the emotional win.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That could be true of both teams. Remember, the Bills dominated the Steelers last season and were expected to do so again.

Pittsburgh does have an advantage playing at home while the Raiders have to travel on a short week.

The Steelers' offensive line really is bad. If they can protect Roethlisberger at all, I agree that they should have some opportunities in the passing game. The same is true of the Raiders. Good tight ends give the Steelers fits, so Waller could have a huge game.

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Has a team that lost by 35 the week before ever been favored by 11 points the next week?

playthrough and sgreenwell like this.
  9. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

And traded because he wouldn't give up professional wrestling, which probably paid more and was more legit than playing for the Lions, a theme that has remained constant throughout the franchise's history.

(I do like that he sold bowling supplies after hanging up his ... he didn't wear a helmet, so I'm not sure what he hung up.)

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Movie/TV character: guy who sells bowling balls and bowling accessories

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Can't believe I'm saying this but I think I'll have to find a bar to watch my Bengals and their decent shot at starting 2-0.

sgreenwell likes this.
  12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Cleats.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted