1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 2 running thread ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Claws for Concern, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

17 straight points has the Jets within a touchdown, and lots of time still left.

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

3. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I agree on the line, but even when he has time, Frye hasn't looked good. The tipped passes, the indecisions, the overthrows. ... It's going to be a long season.

It's going to be a close race for the worst record: Browns, Raiders, Packers and Lions all have a legit shot.

4. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Broncos-Chiefs certainly put on a show.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Michael VIck sets the all time record for halfback options in a game

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And yet, he would have much more of an impact on this game than Williams, who finished with two tackles. You don't think David Carr would love a safety valve -- say one dynamic running back with good open-field moves -- when the pocket collapses in 2.3 seconds? A back like Bush would have helped.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I think today was Frye's fifth or sixth start of his career. He's got a ways to go sure. But he's shown moxie. And he hasn't been helped by Braylon "drops another one" Edwards either. But I direct most of the scorn at Carthon through two days, simply because his game plans have been awful. Frye isn't perfect yet, but he's not even near the biggest problem right now.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

If the Texans had multiple picks, they could have filled needs on the offensive line, running back and defense. We don't know if Bush would have been Carr's safety valve; I believe that he would have spent a lot of time having to pick up blitzing linemen and linebackers.

9. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

If Larry Smith doesn't fucking fumble at the 5 on KC's first possession, and if Damon Huard knocks the goddam batted ball down like he's supposed to, then KC steals one from fucking Denver. Fuck. Kudos to the Broncos sideline for getting a penalty called on a late KC punt return when there wasn't one. It was a block at the waist, not below it. That was nice.

10. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Alright guys, I got a question for all of you. Dosn't Vince Young deserve to start? Here's today's stats:
    Tennessee Passing
    C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT
    V. Young 7/19 106 5.6 1 0
    K. Collins 6/19 57 3.0 0 2

And that one touchdown was a really nice throw between defenders. I know I know, it's just one game, but I've been following Vince Young and he's really suprised me. He's been getting better and better with his throws and Kerry Collins dosn't look like he's got it anymore. What do you guys think?

11. pallister

pallister Guest

Did you mention those stats came against a prevent defense with a 33-point lead?

Your fanboy lack of perspective aside, the Titans suck and might as well make him the starter and let him learn what it's really like to play QB in the NFL.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, any time your choice is between a 34-year-old journeyman and a top draft pick, of course you go with "savvy veteran experience." [/dumbasstvcommentators]

Draft saved Draft deleted