1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 2 running thread ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Claws for Concern, Sep 15, 2006.

1. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Given that the vast majority of Chris Simms' passes seem to wind up going backwards, I'd have to give the edge to Oakland.

2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

OK, though Oakland hasn't scored yet, I ask a new question: Will Aaron Brooks ever score again?

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

What ... the roof over Ford Field doesn't count?

They both scored before the Cowardly Lions did. So they got that going for them.

Brees just hit Henderson for a go-ahead TD with 56 seconds left in the half, so this prediction is looking better.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Roy Williams' guarantee is already toast. Bears already had the defense, but the offense might be much better than anyone thought it might be like going into the season.

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

The Bears could go into week three with zero points against.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Sure glad all that rough-tough emphasis on fundamentals from the hell-bent-for-leather Marinelli has paid off for the Lions. Ten (10) penalties in the first half.

And that nuclear-powered Mike Martz offense is certainly something, too. If they played for 55 more quarters, they might be able to get on thte board.

7. tommyp

tommyp Member

Can't say I disagree, abbott...I thought they'd be a lot better than this. I think Tim Lewis' head is on the line the next few weeks.

8. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Rex Grossman has four TD passes...WTF?

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Grossman is a good NFL QB if he stays healthy. Plus he's playing the Lions. I'm not surprised.

10. KP

KP Active Member

The Miami offense is AWFUL. Just felt the need to point out the obvious. 7 sacks allowed today.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Drew Brees is putting together one helluva a ballgame for the Saints --- 25-40 for 350 yards, 2 TDs so far.

12. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Manning hits Toomer for a second TD pass, and the Giants are within three of Philly after an AWFUL first half.

Draft saved Draft deleted