1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 2 running thread ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Claws for Concern, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Impressive wins over Dallas and now Pitt, but let the record show BOTH victories came at home.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Chiming in a little late, but two thoughts from the Vikings-Carolina game:

The Fox jv squad that broadcast this game should be taken to the parking lot and shot. They were terrible.

Julius Peppers might be the best football player in the world.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Still four-plus minutes to play. Do you know the Eagles lost to the Giants yesterday? Just asking.

EDIT -- OK, the Steelers just turned it over on downs. My optimistic nature has vanished.

4. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

5. Almost_Famous

The Steelers have done NOTHING the entire game. Under 150 yards.

AFC Power rankings:

Jacksonville
    Colts
    Bengals
    Chargers
    Patriots
    Ravens

* whoops. Colts. Yeah.

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Good to see the Colts aren't in the top 5 in the AFC, A_F.

7. Almost_Famous

Bit late to the game, but let me remind you of Robert Gallery in Oakland. He was D'Brick a few years ago ... and he's been a bust.

Said it then and i'll say it now: Bush was their guy. Shouldn't have been any question. Just curious why nobody asked Dom Davis at the time about his injury.

Looking forward to MNF with Bush and Vick next week.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Ball. Game.

Do the Jags get a TD?

EDIT: No. Del Rio does the class thing and sends in the victory formation.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

What a shock.

Still not sold on the Bengals' defense, and I'm willing to chalk up the Steelers' performance tonight to Roethlisberger's first game back from both a near-death motorcycle accident and that appendectomy. They play host to the Bengals next Sunday, their first Sunday game of the season, actually. Should be an interesting game.

Oh, and AF, thanks for finally putting the Colts in your power rankings. How could you forget them?

10. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

Charlie Weis would have run a fake punt.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Roethlisberger may have looked sharp early, but he wasn't even close to 100 percent. I know there was no running game and the Jags got decent pressure, but the zip and accuracy just weren't there.

I think he needed another week or two to get his strength back and getting beat up tonight sure isn't going to help. Now he has to recover for the Bengals on a short week. At this point I'll be very surprised if the Steelers aren't 1-2 heading into their bye week 4.

12. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

viva vickball! revolutionize the game! viva vickball!

Draft saved Draft deleted