1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 2 running thread ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Claws for Concern, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

What losing teams from Week 1 do you expect to do a complete reversal this week?

What winning teams will show that Week 1 was a fluke?

2. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

I threadjack to announce that Inside the NFL is on right now, and Bill Cowher's daughters are UNBELIEVABLY hot.

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I was watching the Titans and Jets game and I was watching Vince Young and I have to say,he really surprised me. They brought him in in the 3rd quarter(I think) and he led the offense from the Titans 32 to the Jets 36 before he threw the pick. I don't think this guy is the same as Vick. I think he can actually be a "real" double threat. Lets not forget, he had great passing numbers and ended up with the highest QB rating in the nation last year. His delivery is weird, but I don't think it's bad enough to put him down. He's already shown that he's got a real strong arm. What do you guys think?

4. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

How can anyone think of the NFL on Friday, when tomorrow is shaping up to be a great day of college football?

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Riiiight.

Bunch of blowouts on a Saturday... as usual.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yeah, Notre Dame-Michigan, Florida-Tennessee and LSU-Auburn are just gonna suck. 'Tard.

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Three games out of a hundred.

Great percentages there.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You said "bunch of blowouts on a Saturday."

The three games I mentioned give a person nine (or more) hours of quality college football to watch, if one were so inclined.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

It was earlier than the third quarter; it was the first half. He looked good for three or four plays, but the passing plays were very controlled. I don't think he had to look through any progressions. He threw one short out pattern to Drew Bennett in which he timed the throw perfectly. But it wasn't a throw two dozen other NFL quarterbacks can consistently make. He rode the crowd nicely, which was restless after watching Kerry Collins stink it up. He isn't afraid to perform in the spotlight, but the National Championship game was plenty of proof of that. The pick he threw was unbelievably bad. He put it in a place only the DB could get to it, not his receiver. Young isn't as fast and elusive as Vick, and he learned in the preseason that he can't bail himself out easily with his feet. NFL linebackers have the speed and the instincts to catch him. So to be effective, he's going to have to be able to keep teams honest by being able to throw. Then his feet can become a weapon. And as a passer, he has a great arm, but crappy mechanics, bad footwork and poor instincts. Can that be fixed? Time will tell. One thing in his favor is that he seems to throw pretty well while on the move, so maybe that can be developed to use his speed to his advantage. My bet is it will take a few years before he can play with any consistency, if he ever will be able to.

10. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Columbo, once again, has no clue.

-- Seven games pitting ranked teams against each other, and I don't think that includes Florida State-Clemson.

Plus...

-- Iowa-Iowa State, a vastly underrated rivalry game.

-- Michigan State-Pitt, which'll be very telling for both teams.

-- Ole Miss-Kentucky, which could be entertaining

-- So that's 10 easily marquee games. Yeah, it'll be boring as shit.

11. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Well, since this is an NFL thread, I'll say Tampa comes out and destroys Atlanta.

People keep saying Bledsoe is going to bounce back. I don't see it happening. Washington needs a win.

Tired of hearing about the Patriots. Either trade for a receiver or STFU.

And Detroit's Roy Williams is a moron.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I'd go that far on all of them....but Meg Cowher is quite easy on the eyes. Have to love those tall women :)

Draft saved Draft deleted