1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 2: Nobody any good wore this number

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Sep 11, 2012.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Week kicks off with a real rivalry, Bears-Packers on Thursday night. It ends with Peyton facing the Falcons on Monday night. In between, all kinds of awesome Big Boy football!

Discuss.

2. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

[​IMG]

Agrees

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Also Agrees.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Deion at FSU?

Love the Thursday night matchup, although, if I was the Packers, I wouldn't be too happy about getting the Niners and Bears in back-to-back games.

If Week 2 is half as good as Week 1, I will be very happy.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Charlie Trippi wore #2 for a while.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

How long a damn field goal does a dude have to kick to get his name in the thread title?

[​IMG]

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

If only kickers weren't gay quarterbacks.

As for Thursday's game, while I would love to see another Packers loss, I have a hard time envisioning them 0-2. Jennings appears to be questionable, but Green Bay has 47 other capable receivers. And while the Bears tend to play better in this matchup on the road, Cutler, for all his improvements the last three years, has yet to play a decent game against the Pack. I expect Green Bay to win by 40. Maybe 50.

EDIT: I thought of Flutie, which is why I didn't mention him.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Manky just cracked Mercury Morris' dead cat in the head with a champagne bottle.

10. joe king

joe king Active Member

Don't forget the famous drop kick.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

On ESPN.com, under each Week 2 game, they list the passing/rushing/receiving leader for each team. Under Browns passing, Benjamin Watson is listed. Compared to Weeden, that 0-for-0 for 0 yards IS damn impressive...

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

All of that about Cutler is true but this will be his first time as a Bear playing against Green Bay with actual NFL receivers on the roster.

Draft saved Draft deleted