1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 2 2018: Jets Super Bowl march continues

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Yeah, you nailed me ... :rolleyes:

There is no disputing he's an asshole - I don't know about absentee father (again, I couldn't get through the article, but I wouldn't surprised based on his background).
    It was a "good" article in the fact that it had information. The presentation was terrible. Again, Brown has baby mammas he no longer follows on Instagram. Sorry, the writer trying to connect the dots with likes, follow and unfollows, and the story spread out over there large social media posts, is going to lose me. Every time.

Now if you will excuse me, I have a hard-hitting puff piece to read about TJ Watt ... OMG!!!! He's the Greatest!!!!

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Weird to comment on articles you don’t read.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I lasted about as far as you did in the story. It doesn't mean that the author of the story should be threatened with physical harm by Antonio Brown.

4. And I will not disagree with you there.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed. I think there is room to argue regarding the article, but there is no doubt that Brown was wrong in his response. He is a selfish jackass, but he's the kind of selfish jackass that can help a team. He works his tail off and focuses on getting the maximum out of his ability. That's what I care about. The nice guy stuff? I never cared enough to consider buying into it or not.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The weirdest thing about the Bills QB situation, wouldn't you want some vet QB on the roster who can help your first-round pick? I mean, do they really think Allen will pick up a lot of the nuances of the league from Peterman? Heck - Charlie Whitehurst would make more sense there than Peterman.

poindexter likes this.
  8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Is Steve DeBerg available? (All-time hanger on)

9. LongTimeListener

[​IMG]

PCLoadLetter likes this.
  10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Could teach him how to hide the ball on a play-action fake.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Maybe Vinny Testaverde is free this weekend.

12. LongTimeListener

Gruden's relationship with Derek Carr will be interesting. Amari Cooper had one catch for nine yards Monday night. Says Gruden: “You look at the film, we had him wide open deep. We didn’t go there. He was open a couple of times and for whatever reason we didn’t go that route. Yeah, we want to get him going. That’s easier said than done now.”

Draft saved Draft deleted