1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 2 2018: Jets Super Bowl march continues

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 11, 2018.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I think it's 'cause Peyton thinks he's funny and his new career is going to be in comedy.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, he works just as hard.

3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Why is Michael Strahan America's darling? Watching him battle his terminal case of mushmouth is awful.

4. Strahan?

You sure you’re not consfising him with Shannon Sharpe? Or Michael Irvin?

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I hope he's good enough that the Chiefs don't lose another 28-point lead in a playoff game.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Sincerely,

Tiki Barber

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Lou Holtz cannot say words that end in s, IIRC.

9. Did you read the story? I tried.
    It was terrible. I can't say a blame Brown for being pissed Washington cobbled together a story based on Brown's Instagram, likes and follows. Is this what passes Millennial sports journalism?

10. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Was this supposed to go on the Running Broadway Thread, because Lin Manuel Miranda is jacked.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Yes, yes it is.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I read the whole thing. It was a good story using public IG posts showing great conflict in his life and going to great lengths to talk to those he’s in conflict with. He also made several attempts to talk to Brown. It told me a great deal about who the guy is — absentee father, a-hole who drives off everyone who tries to help him, etc.

I can see why you’re upset. It doesn’t say ANTONIO BROWN OMG THE GREATEST! But it was a good article and definitely not some affront to journalism. It took too long of a windup, but that’s just part of longform these days.

Draft saved Draft deleted