1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 17

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by justgladtobehere, Dec 26, 2018.

Tags:
  1. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Eagles at Redskins, Bengals at Steelers, Browns at Ravens, Raiders at Chiefs and Bears at Vikings were all pushed back from 1 p.m. to 4:25 p.m.

I was a little surprised that they moved all the games that will decide playoff berths. I think the only one of the early games that matters at all are the Patriots and Texans jockeying for seeding in the AFC.

Sunday night should be fun. The winner of Colts-Titans gers the sixth seed. The loser goes home. The Ravens are ahead of both, but either they win and take the North or lose and go home. Technically, a tie in either Browns-Ravens or Colts-Titans could allow both the Steelers and Ravens to get in, but I can't imagine that happening.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I can't believe I'm expressing confidence in the Cleveland Browns, but I don't think they should be a six-point dog to the Baltimore Ravens right now.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It seems about right to me. The Ravens looked great in beating the Chargers. They won four of their last five, and the loss took some serious Mahomes magic. The Browns are also going to be without Denzel Ward, who made the Pro Bowl as a rookie this season. He was diagnosed with a concussion after last week's game. That is is second concussion in less than a month, so it would make no sense to play him even if he was somehow cleared in time.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The Titans will be missing Mariota, yes...but the loss of one Jurrell Casey, the most underrated defensive player in football, is a killer for their playoff hopes.

7. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

The Giants will win this one. The Cowboys are resting their starters and with four quarters of meaningless garbage time, Manning will shine.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I tend to agree. I think Baltimore wins the game though, so fire up the 6-pt teasers.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

And maybe more. If Texans lose (a long shot), Colts win division if they beat Titans. Titans would need a couple more things to happen to win division.

10. poindexter

The Giants are 6 point favorites #stayaway

11. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

I feel like an idiot for not knowing this, but how would the 11-5 Patriots be the No. 2 seed over the 12-4 Chargers? Is it because the top two seeds can’t come from the same vidision?

12. poindexter

Chargers theoretically will be wild cards. Wild cards can't get top four seeds.

Draft saved Draft deleted