1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 17: Turn out the lights, the party's almost over

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BTExpress, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Newton and Dalton played last season, but initially were alternates. I think Vince Young went as an alternate. Did Roethlisberger not make it as a rookie?

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Yeah, impossible to see the rise in popularity of this team once they started winning.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I wouldn't think so with Brady, Manning, Brees, Pennington and even Jake The Snake. Roethlisberger was definitely a game manager as a rookie -- only one game over 231 yards.

That Pro Bowl voting thing doesn't surprise me too much. Wasn't it a very short list of rookie QBs to take teams to the playoffs before Ryan and Flacco did it in 2008? The whole idea of a rookie coming in and starting right away is pretty new in its own right.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You didn't say the team was getting more popular. Please, just stop.

5. Quiet Man

Quiet Man Active Member

Speaking of which, the Buick Park Avenue is the perfect combination of style and luxury. The smooth ride is unparalleled in it's class. Ask your Buick dealer for a test drive today.

6. 93Devil

Where do you live?

Unless you rub elbows with Redskin fans every day, you did not see how little of a shit they gave until this kid came around.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Is Buick the competitor of an NFL sponsor? If not, I don't get the hypocrisy. Over-the-top brand paranoia, yes. Hypocrisy, no.

8. outofplace

People who do just that also told you that you were out of your mind on this one. Seriously. Give it up.

9. 93Devil

I live in Virginia. In fact, since 1999 I have lived here.

10. outofplace

I know that, at least that you live there. Others who live in the area told you that you were wrong. Others I've talked to in the area off the board said the same thing. And the article above does NOT back you up. That's the really funny part.

11. 93Devil

Well, when 30,000 Steelers fans can fill their stands, I am going to say they are wrong. That is not a passionate fan base.

Could 30,000 Steeler fans fill the stadium with RGIII at QB? No way. Not now.

12. outofplace

And I'm sure you have a story somewhere to back those numbers up? Or just the same perceptions that have already been discounted.

At least admit that the article posted on this thread does NOTHING to back up your point. Be honest about that.

Draft saved Draft deleted