1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 17: Turn out the lights, the party's almost over

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BTExpress, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Strike replacement? I should know the name, but elluding me at the moment.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Shit, with numbers like that he was probably on the short list for starters in 1988. We are talking about the Bears.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Look more closely at the picture and you may figure it out.

4. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

That is an excellent pull.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Good god, never would have guessed Sean Payton. (Had to look it up.)

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2012/12/26/america-is-rooting-for-the-redskins/

America's team, huh? LOL

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I went to a NFL game as a fan last weekend and the whole stadium cheered loudly when the Redskins-Eagles score went up...

It's a combination of some anti-Giants sentiment, but I think the Redskins are a team that people would like to see do very well this year and the years to come... The Redskins have always had one of the better fanbases in the NFL, but it's gone to another level since RG3 arrived...

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Richard Sherman tweets that he won his appeal and will be able to play in the postseason. And Browner comes back too?

The Seahawks are going to be a bitch in the playoffs if they can figure out how to take it on the road just a little bit (which maybe they did when they beat Chicago). Looks like they'll get NFC East champ in the first round -- I'm taking Seattle.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

That would be RG3's toughest test of the season by light years.

10. JackReacher

Yup. Seattle has owned Washington in the playoffs the last decade. Both losses, I believe, were in Seattle, though.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Don't follow the Pro Bowl much - and by "much" I mean "at all" - but I was surprised to read that Griffin is the first rookie QB voted to a Pro Bowl squad since Dan Marino.

I'm sure others have made the team as injury replacements but I would have guessed there would have been one or two voted in over the years since Marino's rookie year.

12. JackReacher

I think something like four others have made the team as replacements.

Draft saved Draft deleted