1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 17 Thread: Red Badgro would have played in snow and ice

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bob Cook, Dec 29, 2010.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Nobody wants to see a perfectly good NFL thread hijacked by some jackass Bears fans arguing. Cool it, guys.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Bears Still Suck.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's usually reserved for the Steelers fans.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

We can't help it if everybody else is always wrong. :)

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

And yet, they've won just about every game that they were supposed to lose all year.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The thing with the Bears is:

1) Everyone thought they sucked in the preseason, and they were mostly right. Cutler was underrated (still is), the defense with Peppers and Urlacher was being underrated, and the effect of the special teams was underrated. But their receivers do suck, Forte is nothing special, and the offensive line did suck.

2) They did get ridiculously lucky to beat the Packers and some of their other early wins.

But over the course of the season, the offensive line has gotten better through in-game experience, Cutler has gotten better, and most importantly, they've stayed healthy. They've got pretty much everyone they started the season with, and there's maybe one or two other teams in the NFL who can say that. The Bears are consistently playing 22 first-stringers against teams with 15 first-stringers, 4 second-stringers and 3 third-stringers.

So right now, relative to the other teams in the NFC, they are pretty good.

7. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I wouldn't be shocked if Lovie played his starters. They won't be seeing the field again for weeks, otherwise.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

If Lovie plays his starters the whole game AND they knock the Packers out of the playoffs AND there's no injuries, I will never again talk shit about him. But I can't see a guy as conservative as him taking that chance. I'm sure he'd loved to beat the Packers, but being healthy for the playoffs HAS to take precedent. My guess is he plays the starters for a half. Of course, if the starters play badly during that time, that means two more weeks of added stress for me. Ultimately, that's what's really important.

9. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Lie.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fuck off!

And the Giants and Packers both lose, opening the door for the Bucs. #BoundAndDeterminedToMakeItSo

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

not with that piece of shit Raheem Morris coaching. You probably also think that Jackonvilles a good market, that the arm is a muscle and Strasburg is a pussy and needs to fight through it

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I got $1,000 says the Bears WILL NOT be playing in Super Bowl XLV.

Draft saved Draft deleted