1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 17 Thread: Red Badgro would have played in snow and ice

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bob Cook, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I think the Giants win & make the playoffs, unless Lovie rests his players.

2. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

No way Green Bay loses at home in the finale to the Bears with the playoffs on the line. Doesn't matter who Lovie plays. Packers win by at least 10, a lot more if Lovie sits his studs.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think the Packers win, but I wouldn't be shocked if it went the other way. The Bears seem to be playing better than they were when they won the first meeting.

4. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

Yep, there's no way Chicago wins. Not a chance. 100 percent probability. Vegas is so convinced, they've made Green Bay 124 1/2-point favorites. Even Mini Ditka couldn't overcome that spread. In fact, I don't even know why the Bears will make the trip, so sure is their defeat at the hands of the mighty Packers.

5. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

The Bears having nothing to play for. Vegas feels strong enough to make the Packers a 10 point favorite, smart ass.

6. secretariat

I'm glad you're a mind reader. How much do you charge for your services?

Just admit you're a fanboy and move on. If you sucked any harder, you'd have Green and Gold dripping down your chin.

7. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Well, to be fair to IllMil, you're both being fanboys.

8. secretariat

I'm not a Bears fan. I'm just responding to his claim that the Packers will win no matter who the Bears play or how hard they try. Then he moved the goalposts and claimed Chicago has nothing to play for (except possibly the No. 1 seed).

If the Vikings can go in to Philly with their converted wide receiver third-string QB and win, to say Chicago has no shot against the mighty 9-6 Packers is ridiculous.

9. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Chicago will know going into the game that they can't get the No. 1 seed. No matter what Lovie says he is not stupid enough to play his starters the entire game. Even if he did, there's no way the Bears are going to as mentally "up" for this game as Green Bay will. Barring catastrophic injury to Rodgers or something, the Packers aren't going to lose. I'd bet anything on it.

If they had to go to Chicago in the 1st round I'd put anything on the Bears. But in this situation there's no way Green Bay loses.

10. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Yeah you are. So fuck off.

11. secretariat

I'm a Chiefs fan, genius. Go ahead and find a post I've made that indicates I'm a Bears fan.

Also, telling someone to fuck off is supposed to be a punishable offense here.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Now that is funny.

Draft saved Draft deleted