1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 17 Thread: Red Badgro would have played in snow and ice

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bob Cook, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

[​IMG]

And he did, for the Giants in the 1934 NFL championship, otherwise known as the "Sneakers Game."

Also, he will suit up for as many playoff games as Philip Rivers.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Not even sneakers will help this Giants this week. Season ends Sunday, Coughlin out by Wednesday.

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Yeah, but are the Giants really going to lose to the Redskins? Sure, Washington beat Jacksonville at Hondo-Says-It's-Really-Full Stadium, but the Jags were without Jones-Drew, and a December fade is a Jacksonville tradition. Though I see Hakeem Nicks is out Sunday with a broken toe.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

So much for ending the season with all division matchups. Lot of meaningless games -- and probably lots of empty seats.

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Yeah, Giants, Philly, San Diego and Jax all losing took a bit of steam out of week 17.

By the way, has any division gone from penthouse to outhouse in a season like the AFC South? Six games in, it looked like a tough division, and then, near-total collapse. Houston made such a big deal of how important it was to beat the Colts in week one, and subsequently forgot there were 15 games left.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Wednesday? Monday morning if he lasts that long. :D

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It says a lot when the game of the week is Seahawks and Rams. It will be funny if the winner is able to upset a 12-4 Saints team that will have to travel for the first round.

I think the Saints will win, but having to travel all the way to Seattle would be pretty tough for any team east of the Mississippi.

8. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Seattle has routinely been kicked in the teeth in their super-fancy stadium. If the Saints go there or to St. Louis, I don't think it will matter at all.

As for me, I've got a ticket to the Chiefs playoff game waiting for me... so long as the weather doesn't suck (for driving), and the game's on a Sunday. But something tells me the Chiefs will play the early Saturday game.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

And he put his buddy in a wood chipper.

[​IMG]

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Actually, if I'm remembering right, Badgro missed the '34 title game with an injury.

Ray Flaherty, the other end, came up with the idea with the sneakers.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Glad to see someone saved me the trouble, to fill in a few blanks for the young'ns vis a vis my Giants rant.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

His head will explode by the third quarter

Draft saved Draft deleted