1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 17 Thread: Kyle Orton's Chance of a Lifetime?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Dec 24, 2013.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Packers have gone from 4.5 underdog to 3-point favorite with the announcement that Rodgers will start. Also went from 30-1 to 12-1 for winning it all.

2. Uncle Frosty

Uncle Frosty Member

Playoff scenarios: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/27/making-sense-of-the-nfl-playoff-picture-with-16-games-to-go/

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

It would not have been too terribly difficult to move the Jets-Dolphins game to the 4:25 window. They moved the start time of some other games. Not like that game is being shown to a very wide audience to begin with. Oh, well, doesn't matter too much.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

5. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

To me, the Packers should be favorites now. Aaron Rodgers has shown he can win on the road en route to a Super Bowl and now he's had weeks to rest and not get hit? Lights out, NFC.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

It all depends on what his condition is and how sharp he is after a 7-week layoff. That's hard to predict. I'm taking the Bears at home.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It's more than just the Dolphins game that plays into the last wild card. It would be Steelers-Browns and Ravens-Bengals that would have to get moved as well. Then you're looking at two games in the 1 p.m. EST window -- with no games that mean anything -- and six games in the better-rated 4:25 p.m. EST window, with a fractured distribution that would keep the ratings down.

8. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

I've always wondered, well I guess not always, why Fox and CBS can't splinter off their games in scenarios like this to their other networks. Why can't CBS, for examples, have the local game on the main channel, one other important game on the CBS Sports net, and maybe another game or two on their news channels if they have them?

Same thing for Fox and Fox Sports 1 and Fox News and Fox Sports 2, etc.

9. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

ATTN: MileHigh.

There are times I thought you were a little rough on ND for no good reason.

I apologize for ever thinking that.

10. MileHigh

Apology accepted. :)

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I am enjoying the Mark2010 and NDJournalist debates on multiple threads. Its an electronic version of eggnog.

12. MileHigh

Yet massive shots of Brandy need to included to get us through them.

Draft saved Draft deleted