1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 17 Thread: Kyle Orton's Chance of a Lifetime?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Dec 24, 2013.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Atlanta-Carolina is the early Fox game in all of California.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Then my on-screen programming guide is wrong.

Still won't watch that, though.

3. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

Anyway, you can't just change all the schedules to make teams play at the same time for a couple reasons. One, it isn't practical for a West Coast team to play a home game at 10 a.m. Two, Dallas and Houston and NYJ and NYG both can't play at the same time unless they're playing each other, due to league rules.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That's why the Giants and Jets are playing at the same time Sunday?

5. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

Oh, wow. I thought they weren't allowed to. Maybe it's OK since they are on different networks.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I think San Francisco could be anywhere from a No. 1 seed to a No. 6 seed, depending on a whole bunch of stuff.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

So are Raiders and 49ers, in same time zone, even. But, both Fox and CBS are airing doubleheaders for the last week of the regular season.

8. MileHigh

And Houston and Dallas played at the same time last week, not that it matters if Houston and Dallas play at the same time or not.

Again, not knowing your facts and just throwing crap out there. You've been given tons and tons of advice about *thinking* before posting. You obviously haven't learned your lesson. And most likely never will, so how about slinking away for awhile?

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Well, if both were on the road, it wouldn't be an issue. My understanding was that when a team was at home, unless it got blacked out, there could not be another game opposite that one. (Thus, Atlanta friends, no early game on CBS opposite the Falcons at home on FOX.)

But if the Giants are at home on FOX, I would think they would put the Jets' road game in the opposite window. Strange.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

the league is allowing the giants and jets to play at the same time 'cause the nfl moved so many other games around due to the 'pennant races.' everybody has been correct -- this is the first time the giants and jets are playing at the same time since the merger.

11. MileHigh

Since the merger? Good guess, but no.

Neil Best says the Giants and Jets went from 1984 to 2009 without playing at the same time. This Sunday will be the fourth time in five seasons, including last year in Week 17.

http://bit.ly/1h0KjD1

12. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

IMO they have O-line issues. DeLaPuente and Grubbs are good, but not as nasty as Goodwin and Carl Nicks were. Affects their run game, which was very potent in 2009 and 2011.
    Plus Payton gets into these modes where he is overly pass happy. Ingram should have run much more against the Panthers Sunday, he has actually looked good since recovering from injury earlier in the year.
    I agree with Steak about this team -- no toughness, especially mentally with this squad -- but I want another game just to get a bigger sample size on Armstead. If he can handle LT they can draft elsewhere for depth, especially in the defensive secondary. I'll live with a beatdown in Philly or Green Bay for that. Will answer some questions for next season.

Draft saved Draft deleted