1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 17 Thread: Kyle Orton's Chance of a Lifetime?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Dec 24, 2013.

1. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

But other than that, he's got it pretty well nailed down, right?

2. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I would have loved to see all the teams playing for the sixth AFC seed to play at the same time, but that would mean it would have to be in the late slot because the Chargers are at home, so I can understand why the NFL couldn't do that. I think for the most part it's a good balance.

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Atlanta, New Orleans, Chicago and Philadelphia all win on Sunday.

New Orleans is the No. 2 seed, Philly the No. 3, Chicago the No. 4. Carolina wins a tie-break against San Francisco (head-to-head win), so the Niners better not loaf it against an underrated Arizona team.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That game may end up being the worst of the four with the Chiefs having nothing to play for.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

There's so much bluffing about Romo/Orton that I have no idea what to believe. It wouldn't change how I bet the game regardless. I'm taking the Eagles and giving the points regardless of who play for Dallas. But, in fairness, Orton is one of the more competent backup QBs in the league at present.

6. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Fairly likely. I mean what are the chances that both the Ravens and the Dolphins lose? That's why they should all be at the same time. On paper it should be one of the better matchups of the last week but likely will mean nothing on any level.

7. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

If New Orleans wins, Arizona is eliminated so it doesn't even matter if SF wins that game or not.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Wouldn't SF need to win to stay a game ahead of Carolina for seeding? And San Fran still has a chance to win the NFC West.

9. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

Well, yes, for seeding purposes. But they're in the playoffs if New Orleans wins. I don't think they care about seeding if they're playing in the first round anyway.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

You obviously don't realize that New Orleans-Tampa and Arizona-SF are being played AT THE SAME TIME.

And San Francisco is in the playoffs already. Another fact you don't realize. Isn't it time for your bed check?

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Sorry, I think you misread my point. The problem with that game is no matter what happens in the early games, the Chiefs will have nothing to play for. They are locked in at No. 5.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The scheduling is such that out here in California, the Fox early game is Redskins-Giants ... and I can't even look at the board and see a better option. But who cares, I'll be on Red Zone anyway.

Draft saved Draft deleted