1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 17 Thread: Kyle Orton's Chance of a Lifetime?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Eagles-Cowboys will dominate 99.9 percent of NFL pregame blah this week. Why isn't America gripped by the incandescent drama of the fight for the AFC sixth seed?

2. Uncle Frosty

Uncle Frosty Member

Murrica's Team!!!

3. According to one account of the AFC playoff race, based on the point spreads and percentage of wins, it's the Dolphins spot to lose. The Fins have a 66 percent chance of making the playoffs.
    The Steelers? Two percent.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Bears-Packers will be an interesting one too, I think it will be a close game if Rodgers plays or not.

Words I don't utter too often... Go Rams!

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I almost wish the Saints would go ahead and lose to the Bucs at home and put me out of my misery. It's not like they're going to win a road game in the playoffs anyway, let alone three straight.

I've been a fan all my life, but this team is no fun to watch. They totally lack toughness, on every level.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Interesting that for that sixth spot in the AFC, four teams are alive and none of them controls their destiny. They mostly need to win and have other things happen.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

According to NFL.com, none of those teams have a win-and-in path.

So if all three win -- San Diego, Miami, Baltimore -- who gets in?

8. Mizzougrad96

I think Baltimore has to lose for the Chargers to get in...

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Dolphins based on conference record. Miami would be 8-4, Baltimore 7-5, San Diego 6-6.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

OK yeah now I see that. BUT if Miami wins and Baltimore wins and San Diego loses, Baltimore gets in.

And if all three lose and Pittsburgh wins, I guess Mike Tomlin and the defense get another chance to try to kill somebody.

11. Mizzougrad96

I've always been stumped by that. Payton is a great coach and Brees is, by most counts a gritty, tough player and I don't understand why they are such a different team on the road.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It has to be 100 percent mental, because they suck on the road in other domes, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted