1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 17: Billy Kilmer tried to commit suicide but the bullet was intercepted

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 27, 2011.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

BTW, did anyone catch this sign displayed at Sunday's Packers/Bears game? I saw it during the broadcast but I was in a bar, so I wasn't sure if I had actually seen what I just had just seen. I thought it was hysterical, though.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

That's what I thought. We are selling our tickets to that game. Getting to H-town by noon on New Year's Day is tough for a game that doesn't matter. There are too many bandwagon fans out there that can't go to the playoffs that are willing to spend big bucks to go see them play.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Last week, it was revealed Braylon Edwards gave about $800,000 to a bunch of college kids who were part of his scholarship program. Hope he has some left over. Today, the 49ers released him.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Kilmer never had a losing season quarterbacking the once-proud Washington Redskins.

- start watching at 5:40 or at least skip to the 10:40 mark.

This might be my uncle talking, but never make fun of Kilmer.

He had his problems off the field, but he did QB for George Allen, so that should count for something.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't know if he can rejuvenate that knee with a full off-season, but I'd be surprised if Edwards ever plays again. He showed absolutely nothing the whole year.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Kyle Orton is going to have to put a gold doubloon in the slot between Michael Strahan's front teeth to sufficiently please the football gods, enough to make this happen.

8. bigpern23

Am I the only one who thinks this is a bullshit, contrived storyline? Orton played terribly, got benched and when his replacement began reeling off wins, he was never going to start in Denver again.

They knew it. He knew it. The Broncos did him a favor by releasing him and letting him catch on with another team that needed a starter. Why would he need to "seek vengeance" on the Broncos?

9. bigpern23

This made me laugh.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The Packers-Lions game is meaningful for the Lions, at least -- win and they get the No. 5 seed and a first-round game against the eminently-beatable NFC East "champion." Lose and it's SF or NO.

11. Orton is a moderate-to-terrible QB. But I would love to see him beat the Broncos ...
    He's a tweener. A guy who is more often than not bad enough to be cut, but occasionaly shows enough flashes to keep himself in the NFL rotation.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

What makes it more surprising is the Niners lost a couple of receivers in the win at Seattle. Sill, as noted, he was a non-factor this year.

Draft saved Draft deleted