1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 17: All it takes is one big quarter, just ask Doug Williams

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

One team wins a Super Bowl every year. No one has gone 19-0.

And, no one hits Manning.

Dumb. Ass. Move.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

All six of the Pro Bowl QBs are in the playoffs.

Decent chance four will have to drop out if they play in the conference championship game.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

No argument from me. I agree they went about it all wrong.

But the idea that they owe it to the integrity of the league or some such misguided nonsense to play everyone all the way through against bubble teams is ludicrous. The Colts are entitled to do as they see fit, however misguided I may think it is.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Bingo.
    Someone, I forget who (might have been Dennis Green), years ago credited those types of interviews with eventually leading to his first head coaching job. He said he'd go on interviews for HC jobs he knew he had no shot at just to get a feel for the process and what types of questions would be asked. By the time he was well-qualified for a HC job, he knew what to expect.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wait. Wait. Wait. Slow the fuck down.

Dennis Green was well-qualified for a HC job?

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Hey, if Gary Andersen doesn't shank that field goal we might remember Dennis Green much, much differently. Even though he didn't win a championship he still had a great run in Minnesota.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Dennis Green is who we thought he was: a mediocre coach.

The 2000 NFC championship game, IMO, was a bigger loss. Getting embarrased by a Kerry Collins-led team? Come on, man!

8. Flying Headbutt

Bruce Allen hasn't interviewed Jerry Gray. Vinny Cerrato has. Anyone want to hazard a guess as to what Cerrato's reputation is around the league, and what a recommendation from him might mean?

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wait...I thought Cerrato was fired?

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Cerrato should work for the Bears. It would be a perfect fit. Shit, I hope the McCaskeys aren't on sj. Don't want to give them anymore terrible ideas.

I believe Cerrato was Peter Principled. They kept him around but moved him out of the way.

11. Flying Headbutt

He was.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Sometimes I think Danny Snyder watches The Office, and wonders why it's called a comedy.

Draft saved Draft deleted