1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 17: All it takes is one big quarter, just ask Doug Williams

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Dec 29, 2009.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Maybe they aren't done. It's odd. They had the best coverage teams in the league with the very same coach in '08.

2. They are not. Special teams coach got the Axe today.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

That's not a surprise. I would think secondary coach might be next.

4. outofplace

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/10007/1026499-66.stm

Here is the link, complete with speculation about them bringing back Bobby April, who was on Bill Cowher's staff for two seasons. If I remember correctly, that was some kind of conflict between the two (something that happened quite a bit with Cowher and assistant coaches).

5. I thought he only had a one-year deal. And he made a good bit more money than the other assistants. April was specialty hire and kind of a big deal in the special teams coaches' world. At the time, I think he was considered the best.

6. outofplace

I don't remember exactly, except that he did have an excellent reputation. That certainly wouldn't be a bad idea to bring him back if they can get him.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Welcome back, Eric Mangini!

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Choke? No.

Quit? Yes.

Draft saved Draft deleted