1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 17: All it takes is one big quarter, just ask Doug Williams

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Another team you can count on having already quit is the Redskins. Those fuckers have been mailing it in the last couple weeks, and will definitely do so against the Chargers this week.

BTW, Dan Snyder may be the biggest piece of shit in the NFL. He's already, more than once, interviewed Jerry Gray for Jim Zorn's job. Of course, Gray is one of Zorn's assistants right now. But since the Shanahan deal is all but finalized and set to be announced before the playoffs even officially begin, they had to figure out a way to satisfy the Rooney Rule. In doing so, they make a total mockery of it and treat another team employee like shit.

I can't believe there are so many loyal fans of the Deadskins still around here, with the way that piece of shit owner continues to do things. And only Sally Jenkins and Mike Wise (mostly on his radio show) have the guts to call out Snyder for being the cocksucker he is. Heck, Kornheiser just glosses over it on the radio because he's been bought and sold.

2. You and me both.
    I like the Pats and Saints in the title game.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I suspect the Cowboys will implode in a spectacularly entertaining way against the Eagles.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I thought your best-case scenario was for two 8-8 teams to make the playoffs so you could whine even more than usual about the mediocrity of the NFL, because winning percentages in the NFL are only worth using as a comparison when they suit your argument, right? Different thread. Same old spnited. Happy to contradict himself all day long in defense of his beloved baseball.

5. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Why would Gray take that interview?

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I read that he is a team employee. Really hard to say no when your boss offers you an interview for a promotion.

7. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

93 everyone knows the interview was a sham.

Gray is a piece of shit for interviewing for a job that is not open and a piece of shit for being the token interview to avoid the Rooney Rule.

8. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

@aqb: no way. Not this year, especially after what happens in week 17 last year.

9. 93Devil

Mike Tomlin was a token interview as well, right?

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Come on, 93Devil. Just because he was hired doesn't mean there aren't token interviews given to guys with no shot at getting a job to circumvent the Rooney Rule.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to another desperate fourth-quarter drive on which they kick a field goal while trailing 44-3. :)

12. 93Devil

But you do the interview, no matter how token you think it is.

Maybe he does great but is still not hired. At worst, he has made a good impression on Allen and might survive the purge.

Draft saved Draft deleted