1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 16 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mooninite, Dec 20, 2007.

1. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

You got it!!!

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think everybody did. It might also have had something to do with the fact that the Rams seemed to forget to use him last night.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I thought it was for the coach laughing with a player after the Steelers put them away. I did not think it was a ball caught argument, but more of an "act professional" argument.

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

Well....the Steelers season went down the shitter.

5. outofplace

You are probably right, but the lack of throws his direction might have added to Holt's frustration.

6. 93Devil

Honestly, losing Ward, Holmes, Taylor, Ben or Polamalu would be bigger losses.

Heck, Aaron Smith looks like a bigger loss.

Davenport is averaging 4.9 ypc. Not saying losing Parker does not hurt, but there are other players on the Steelers far more valuable.

I still think they will host a first round game and win, and then probably lose the second round game on the road. That course has been set for about 10 weeks.

7. outofplace

Note on the game last night.
    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07355/843503-66.stm

The St. Louis Rams' flagship radio station, KLOU-FM, ran a commercial this week promoting the game last night. In the commercial, a voice says: "Hey Big Ben, better wear your helmet; the Rams' defense hits harder than a BMW near the 10th Street Bridge."

I figured some SportsJournalists.commers would get a kick out of that one.

It was not quite in Anthony Smith trash-talking failure territory even though the Rams' defense was awful last night. They did sack Roethlisberger four times and beat him up all night.

93Devil, I agree about Parker to a point, but they are getting extremely thin back there. If the Steelers do hold on to win the AFC North, that means they get the Browns or Jaguars, two teams that Parker has run very well against. They will miss him if it comes to that. Of course, they have to take care of business against the Ravens first.

8. 93Devil

Stay classy, St. Louis.

They should have ran an add asking the 15,000-20,000 Steelers fans in attendance to please allow the 10,000 Ram fans a good view of Faulk's jersey retirement.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

The Jaguars, Colts and Chargers could all really threaten the Pats.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I agree with you that the Jags could give the Pats problems.

11. 93Devil

The Jaguars, Colts and Chargers could all really threaten the Pats.
    [/quote]

I think the Jags, Browns and the Chargers match up best with NE. I posted this earlier, but I would take the field over NE making the SB right now.

12. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I wouldn't say losing Parker sinks Pitt's season, though I don't think they're a serious contender anyways. But if we've learned anything this year it should be that RB is the most interchangeable position in the NFL. Sure Parker had a lot of yards, but was he really spectacular this season? I'm honestly asking, though I do know he barely got the end zone so it couldn't have been that amazing.

Draft saved Draft deleted