1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 16 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RecoveringJournalist, Dec 17, 2014.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

::SHRUG:: That facemask was the reason he got separation in the first place. Grabbed it and looked like yanked the helmet down. Really didn't have any problem with them calling that one. Maybe it's just me, but disagreed that it was a horrible call.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I'm also trying to fathom how the Field Judge 30 yards downfield gets it, when the Head Linesman (who by the way, is the largest official in any sport I have ever seen) has it right in front of him.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Seattle record since trading Harvin 8-2 . Obviously addition by subtraction

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It really is amazing how his mere presence in that locker room was making the defense play badly.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

He kills the vibe wherever he goes.
    You oughta know all about that, Chuckles.

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I've been surprised by Fisher's reaction in the wake of the fight. I thought he'd say something along the lines of, "Things got out of hand, there were some things said on both sides and it escalated, but we're ready to move on from it."

The Rams were very clearly going after Beckham the whole game and, in my view, it appeared they were trying to injure him to knock him out of the game. I thought the Giants did the right thing in protecting their young star teammate. For Fisher to start making shit up and putting the blame on Beckham is bush league.

On a related note, Cullen Jenkins tweeted that he got fined more for a roughing the passer penalty than anyone who was ejected for fighting.

[​IMG]Cullen Jenkins @CullenJenkins · 59m59 minutes ago
    So I just got fined more for roughing the passer than anyone who was in the fight. Even players who got ejected. So I should just fight then

[​IMG]Cullen Jenkins @CullenJenkins · 54m54 minutes ago
    Glad to see the leagues stance on violence is still a priority.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The NFL has inequitable punishment. Breaking news.

Draft saved Draft deleted