1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 16 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RecoveringJournalist, Dec 17, 2014.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

A pretty crappy week

I do love that there are Saturday games, even if that Chargers-49ers game probably isn't quite what the networks were hoping for when it was scheduled.

Falcons-Saints isn't too bad. Colts-Cowboys is probably the best game of the week with Seahawks-Cardinals probably second.

2. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Arizona is starting, what, its third-team quarterback against a defense that is playing lights-out? I think this game unfolds as terribly one-sided.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

They do play well at home. And Seattle's offense has been known to take games off; without that BS call last week they probably only score 10 points against San Francisco.

But yeah I can't see a third-string QB in his starting debut going very well. In addition the Cardinals are missing Ellington and don't have very good RB replacements.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

13, they were in field goal range.

This game would end up 9-6

5. LongTimeListener

13 you're right. Forgot that.

I'd still bet Seattle if I had to. But I wouldn't be absolutely shocked if Arizona pulled out a grinder. They can score on D and special teams too.

6. RecoveringJournalist

Yeah, I think it's very possible this game is every bit as awful as last Thursday's Rams-Cardinals game.

I read somewhere the over/under is 37. I'd be very surprised if it got that high without a defensive score.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Chances of a defensive score are pretty good, though, don't you think?

8. RecoveringJournalist

Maybe not if neither team passes the ball more than a few times.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

O/U is 36.5, Seahawks -7.5.

10. LongTimeListener

Ray McDonald is back! Home searched after a local hospital called police about a claim of sexual assault.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-co...-police-investigating-49er-ray-mcdonald-after

There was quite a bit of time between the alleged incident and the search. I wonder if the off-duty cop buddy made it to the house before investigators did again.

I also wonder if the non-playoff-bound 49ers have a different outlook on due process.

11. RecoveringJournalist

They just cut him.

12. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted