1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 16 Thread: Vinny Testaverde can't see the ads and pics on this screen

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

What? No Kordell Stewart, Bam Morris or Neil O'Donnell?

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Do Noll and Cowher count? Noll, at least, should be somewhere on the list.
    And I'll give a pass on a Steelersjack rant because 1) this is a fun debate; B) it's more interesting than anything I saw in that game tonight (and I turned it off at halftime); and 3) it's Christmas.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Did anyone else snicker at Theismann's comment as they examined the replay of Roethlisberger's fumbled snap in the first half?
    Old Joe watched it and declared, "He just pulled out too early."
    Sometimes the jokes write themselves.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

John Fox has been a dead coach walking for two years and management gutted the roster before this season. There's only so much you can do when your best option at QB is an entitled shithead from Notre Dame.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I was thinking players only. If you count coaches, Noll belongs. Cowher does not.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Sub out Stallworth for Roethlisberger and that's my top 10. Figuring it's too tough for me to separate Stallworth from Swann, I kept them both out a guy who probably should've won the Super Bowl MVP against the Cardinals for that game-winning drive.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I never had much of a problem separating Stallworth from Swann. Stallworth caught 201 more passes in his career and he had two of his best seasons in the mid-80s when Swann was long-retired, Bradshaw was gone and he had the likes of Mark Malone throwing him the ball. I put him and Webster ahead of Roethlisberger.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

It also seemed like the owners son-in-law was in town for the weekend and asked to be the offensive coordinator.

What a mess.

Draft Luck and start over.

9. 93Devil

If you throw coaches and owners into it, Noll is in as is at least one Rooney.

That means two more HOFers are out.

Outside of Dallas and Oakland, how many franchises can have potentially five HOF players out of their top 10?

10. I don't see any way Cowher is not the coach there next season. Hell, the Panthers might offer him part ownership to get him. I would have thought the fact that Cowher has been hovering over the Carolina job for the better part of three years would have provided extra incentive for Fox to do everything he could to stick it to the Steelers last night, but I guess when your team is that bad, there isn't much you can do.
    On a side note, I thought it was an interesting factoid that NFLN pulled up . . . who else can claim that the last three coaches of a team have won super bowls with them?

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Re: NFL Week 16 Thread: Vinny Testaverde can't see the ads and pics on this scre

The Panthers aren't a badly coached team. They just have the worst roster in the NFL. They entered the season with two players of note -- DeAngelo Williams and Steve Smith. Williams got banged up and was out for the season in no time, and Smith has been completely neutralized by the worst QB situation in the league. As mentioned before, Fox can only do so much. His time in Carolina has run its course, but he'll be the head coach of another team by 2012 at the latest.

12. 93Devil

That Stewert kid looked damn good the first 10 minutes of the game, but they seemed to forget that they were running the ball with succcess the second they were down a few points.

Why would Cowher want this team in this state?

Draft saved Draft deleted