1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 16 Thread: Vinny Testaverde can't see the ads and pics on this screen

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Dec 22, 2010.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I'm hoping to get the real thing for Christmas.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That's one of the first football cards I ever collected. And I'm sure I still have it somewheres in the shoeboxes.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

And pointing out a simple fact --- that the Patriots' defense has largely been superior --- does not make someone an "apologist" (perhaps one of the most overused words on this board).

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The real debate -- which is better: Rusty Smith, or a Rusty Trombone?

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Ron Mexico or Dirty Sanchez?

6. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

In a shameless continuation of this thread jack, I blame Mexico. Or maybe the rain.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Elway played a couple of seasons before Davis came along, as I'm sure every Clevelander knows.

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the point is that he didn't win a title without him. That bugs me too, that everyone assume that Elway was better than Marino because of the rings, though Elway was not even close to bein the reason they won. When he was a great QB, they won as much as Marino.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Marino led three offensively challenged teams to the Super Bowl?

10. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I don't consider the rings. I consider the fact that he retired at the top of the "Wins as starting QB" list despite having a dearth of Pro Bowlers to throw to or hand off to for most of his career. Elway was a master of making something from nothing.

And he played his entire career, as a mobile quarterback, without an ACL in one of his knees. That's greatness.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So, does Marino get extra credit for playing half of his career on bad knees, too?

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Panthers punching the Steelers in the mouth so far. Definitely has the same feel as the stinker the Steelers had in Cleveland last year.

Draft saved Draft deleted