1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 16 Thread: Vinny Testaverde can't see the ads and pics on this screen

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Dec 22, 2010.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It really doesn't have much to do with the AFL and NFL these days. Some of the older franchises in the NFL moved to the AFC when they merged anyway.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Then why have division at all. Just have one 32-team league and let half the teams make the playoffs. Forget divisions, rivalries, etc. Just focus on parity and mediocrity.

So they go to an 18-gamne season, extend the playoffs so teams that reach the Super Bowl will have played 22 games...that will shorten every player's career and probably lead to a few on field deaths.

Brilliant.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

No way it starts that low, they wold get no action on the NFC West winner

4. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Tucker Carlson says Michael Vick should have been executed for his role in dogfighting.

Okay, then.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5967015&campaign=rss&source=twitter&ex_cid=Twitter_espn_5967015

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Oh, I don't doubt you'll see some of the more defensive books go as high as 9, early, because they want to discouraging teaser action allowing teaser fanciers to take the Saints at 3 or less.

I GUARANTEE you it won't OPEN double-digits, unless the Rams suffer multiple injuries Sunday and still survive.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

If this moron had his way, Michael Vick would be dead.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5967015

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Would this be as GUARANTED as the Bears being favored by 3 over the Pats?

8. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

The Packers are a good team. I, for one, am very impressed by what they've done with so many injuries. They have every excuse to be where Dallas or Minnesota is right now. They've kept fighting. I think it's a testament to Ted Thompson and the depth and system he's built.

I don't think they have the horses or gas to win the NFC, but I do think they have just about as good a shot as anyone. Green Bay doesn't get blown out by anyone, if they can ever get some lucky bounces to go their way, I wouldn't be shocked to see them in the Super Bowl. Not my pick, but wouldn't be shocked.

Draft saved Draft deleted