1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 16 Thread: Vinny Testaverde can't see the ads and pics on this screen

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Dec 22, 2010.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I don't trust that defense against even the Panthers without Polamalu and he is likely to sit again. The Steelers did get some good news with Aaron Smith making progress. He might actually be back for the playoffs after all. And they might have Heath Miller back as well Thursday night.

I really had hoped that the coaches finally realized that Jonathan Scott needs to be benched when they replaced him with Trai Essex for the final drive against the Jets. No such luck. He is going to be back in there against Carolina.

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

The difference is also the quality of offensive line. Brady's has been far superior to Manning's, even though Manning has a Hall-of-Fame-caliber center. But Michael Gee's point stands -- both are great quarterbacks, and to argue one over another is pointless. There are 30 teams who would love to have either of them.

Speaking of the Colts, Austin Collie was put on the team's crowded IR list today. Disappointing for those who want to see Indianapolis win, but heartening for those who want to see Collie live past his 30th birthday.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm sure the Colts' "superior" D would have held the Rams to 17 points and the Eagles to 21 in those games.

Well, a few years before that you had Vanderjagt's miss against the Dolphins.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Brady and Manning?

I'd take both over Dan Marino, and neither over John Elway. Though it must be noted that Brady wasn't exactly blessed with superior offensive skill players for his first couple of Super Bowls.

5. Rex Ryan wants to know who has the sexier feet - Brady or Manning?

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Heard Steve Czaban the other day compare him to Kenny from South Park.
    "Oh my god! They killed Collie!"
    "You bastards!"

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So, by that logic, was Bart Starr a better quarterback than Johnny Unitas? Starr won five championships and Unitas only won three (including a Super Bowl he didn't play half of). I don't think there's many folks, though, who would argue that Starr was better.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Re: NFL Week 16 Thread: Vinny Testaverde can't see the ads and pics on this scre

[​IMG]

Nick Mike-Mayer is better than all of them. And that goes double for Steve! [/crossthread]

(I posted this mainly for the worst Topps airbrush job I've ever seen)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

He looks like Marvin the Martian.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The only thing funnier than that card is the fact someone paid to have it graded. Can't wait to see Don West pimping that thing as a "Gem mint 9!" on the late-night card show.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Not in this life.

He made a career of beating Bear teams that, once they woke up late October, were damn good.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The best defensive player on either team over the last 10 years, the one guy everyone says is a true game-changer, plays for the Colts. And the one year Bob Sanders managed to stay healthy, he won defensive player of the year. And the Colts choked. Again, the Colts had the talent, the Patriots had the brains and the balls. That's Manning vs. Brady in microcosm.

Draft saved Draft deleted