1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 16: The Vinny Testaverde Feel Good

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

EST
    vegasinsider.com

Saturday, December 21

Houston (-1.5) at Tampa Bay (51) (1 NFL Network)

Buffalo at New England (-6.5) (38.5) (4:30 NFL Network)

Los Angeles Rams at San Francisco (-6.5) (45) (8:15 NFL Network)

Sunday, December 22

Baltimore (-10) at Cleveland (48.5) (1 CBS)

Cincinnati at Miami (-1.5) (46.5) (1 CBS)

Pittsburgh (-3) at New York Jets (38.5) (1 CBS)

Jacksonville at Atlanta (-7) (45.5) (1 Fox)

Carolina at Indianapolis (-7) (46.5) (1 Fox)

New Orleans (-1.5) at Tennessee (51) (1 Fox)

New York Giants at Washington (-2.5) (41.5) (1 Fox)

Detroit at Denver (-6.5) (38) (4:05 CBS)

Oakland at Los Angeles Chargers (45.5) (-5) (4:05 CBS)

Dallas (-2.5) at Philadelphia (46) (4:25 Fox)

Arizona at Seattle (-9.5) (50) (4:25 Fox)

Kansas City (-5) at Chicago (45) (8:20 NBC)

Monday, December 23

Green Bay at Minnesota (-4) (45.5) (8:15 ESPN)

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

This is the first honest to goodness important late season AFC East game since ... hell if I can remember.

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

We'll see if the Kraft Productions' "Do Your Job" episode profiling turf preparation and maintenance at Orchard Park was worthwhile.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I wonder if people actually seeing part of the video and hearing the video guys basically beg security to let them delete the offending footage will make the league actually hand down a significant punishment. Goodell is fond of talking about repeat offenders getting more severe punishment. This is a repeat offender. I don't care if they can prove whether or not Belichick knew about it. These are Patriots employees violating rules that are in place to keep teams from spying on one another. This is a team that has been busted for cheating twice with the current owner and coach in place. They deserve no benefit of the doubt at all.

Listen to the security guy in the video. He knows they are full of shit. Even the video guys know they are full of shit.

Regarding the actual punishment, they should at least lose a draft pick. A fine is meaningless. If the league can somehow prove Belichick knew what the video crew was doing, that should be a season-long suspension for him. (I doubt they will get such proof, but I thought I'd address the hypothetical.)

The clip was on the Week 15 thread. Here it is again.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

It's just like college football or basketball.... the head coaches are known perfectionists, micromanaging to a T.

But when it comes to cheating (recruiting/otherwise) these coaches become Sgt. Shultz. I KNOW NOTHING

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Bills at Patriots should be a good one, but I just can't see Buffalo winning at New England. The Bills' defense is very good, but they won't have Duck Hodges handing them the game this time.

Speaking of Hodges, I'm not sure who will even start at quarterback for the Steelers Sunday against the Jets in New Jersey. Pittsburgh probably needs to win its two remaining games to get in the playoffs. Both are on the road and the finale is at Baltimore. Their one hope is that the Ravens can clinch the top seed in the AFC by winning at Cleveland Sunday, so Week 17 may be meaningless for Baltimore. This puts me in the odd position of rooting for the Ravens this weekend.

Then again, with that craptastic offense, the Steelers could easily lose to the Jets Sunday. Lucky me, I get to watch it with a bunch of Jets fans.

By the way, the Titans are the other serious contender for the No. 6 seed. They have tough games left with the Saints at home, then the Texans again. If they lose to the Saints, but beat the Texans and the Steelers also go 1-1, the Titans would win the tiebreaker and get the playoff spot. If they both go 1-1, but the Titans' loss is to the Texans, the Steelers get it.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I don't think any team can "easily" lose to the Jets. It takes a total team effort.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The Saturday games, are they exclusive to NFL Network? No over-the-air, like the Thursday games?

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

I'd be furious if I wasn't laughing so hard.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Local games I believe are accessible. Niners will be on Bay Area NBC but the other two might be exclusive

11. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Any chance Kansas City-Chicago gets flexed out of prime time Sunday? If so, anyone know when a decision such as that is made? Thanks.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

A quick Google search says no. Decision came yesterday I think

Draft saved Draft deleted