1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 16: Lance Moore only needs eyeblack under one eye

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 20, 2011.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Can the Texans fall to fourth place if they lose to Tennessee and the Broncos win out? It looks like their conference record would be the same, but I don't know what the common opponents situation would be. (The Raiders beating the Texans after Al died might loom large there.)

2. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I cannot claim to be an expert when it comes to this. My first answer is no. Fourth in the conference? I am not sure it is possible. Again, not an expert.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

So the Colts are 2-13 after starting 0-13. Shades of 1986, baby! Is Ron Meyer on the sideline? Is Eric Dickerson coming to Indy?

Will the Colts run the option with Ricky Turner next season since Andrew Luck will be in Minnesota or St. Louis. (Doh!)

This kind of the opposite of the Colts tanking the end of the season in 2009 with perfection on the line. I hope they win next week and totally obliterate any chance of getting Luck.

Actually, I hope nothing-to-play-for Jacksonville also tries to lose next week so divisional foe Indy can't get their mitts on Luck and we have the NFL farce to end all farces in front of the tarped-over seats in Jacksonville.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

You catch on rather quickly. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The Colts may be utter rubbish this year, but their fans still come out to support them.

To anyone that was there, was the place full?

6. Steelerjack:

Doesn't look like Roethlisberger is going to play Saturday. And this game screams
    "TRAP!"

Big game Monday night and a short week compounded by injuries. Plus, yeah the Rams suck, but they still have Steven Jackson.

I hope Dennis Dixon gets some work and not because Charlie Batch gets hurt.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The way the chess pieces have been moved around this season, playing at home is just not worth risking not having Ben for the playoffs.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If you're Luck, where would you prefer to play next year?

Stanford (he still has a year of eligibility left)

Indianapolis Colts (More than likely backup Manning for a year or two, then be expected to be a star right away)

Minnesota Vikings (More than likely be expected to be a star right away at the risk of losing Adrian Peterson)

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Except that going to Denver will be trouble. The Broncos would be able to run on them, especially given how often Lawrence Timmons overpurses. Plus there is a very good chance they would have to play without Ryan Clark, which would hurt them even more in defending the run.

I wouldn't even bother to call the Rams game a trap. The Steelers just aren't very good without Roethlisberger at quarterback. No way the Rams can cover Wallace, Brown, Miller and Cotchery with that secondary, but it won't matter if the Steelers can't get them the ball.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Peter King tweets that the NFL has confirmed if Indy loses next week, they will be guaranteed the first pick.

11. Of potential first-round playoff foes I'd prefer, I'd take Denver. Or Houston.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There really aren't many other possiblities. They are almost certain to play the AFC West champs.

Draft saved Draft deleted