1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 16: Lance Moore only needs eyeblack under one eye

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 20, 2011.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I think the idea isn't that he or she is supposed to diagnose the concussion. They're just supposed to watch every play, particularly while the medical staff may be indisposed and looking at another player, so he can alert the medical staff if someone gets their bell rung. It is then up to the medical staff to diagnose the player.

As has been said ... window dressing.

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

And what about the 2nd player to get his bell rung?

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The "certified athletic trainer" would presumably be watching the next play. From what it sounds like to me, his only job is to alert the medical staff and then go back to watching the field.

4. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

Jim Tressel will spend most of this week's Colts game in the press box on the Internet, searching how you can get a quickie "athletic trainer certificate" from a school in Costa Rica.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Don't lump Aikman with Smith. Aikman was not an Elway or Brady, but he was a damn good QB. The Cowboys don't win all those Super Bowls and games with an average QB.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Agree with that. Aikman was damn lucky he had the supporting cast he did (and make sure you mention that offensive line), but he wasn't exactly on a free ride.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Exactly, and Aikman didn't miss opportunties. Put him in Smith's place Monday night and the 49ers would have been up at least 20 at the half.

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I actually think that Aikman is very underrated as a QB. I've seen very few as accurate as he was.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

So the Colts upset the Texans tonight, leaving them with two wins, along with the Rams and the Vikings. If the three teams end up losing out, what exactly is the tiebreaker for the draft order again?

10. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

From what I've read the Vikings would still need to lose two more and have the Colts win their final game, because of strength of schedule tiebreakers, but the Vikes aren't out of the chase for the top pick. Would really suck for the Colts if they tank an entire season and blow it all in the final three weeks.

Here's a little breakdown on tiebreakers, at least from the Vikes perspective:

http://dbrauer.posterous.com/why-the-minnesota-vikings-cant-beat-the-colts

11. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Yep. I lied. No way I am not renewing those tickets.

Despite the stupid Texans.

12. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

So if you're a Colts fan, what do you pull for? Win one more and know Peyton will retire a Colt while dealing with needs other than QB? Or lose and get the future started sooner than later?

Draft saved Draft deleted