1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 16: Lance Moore only needs eyeblack under one eye

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, you didn't watch the Detroit Lions during Martz's reign of idiocy there (don't worry, hardly anybody else did either, including me).

He sent the incompetent fucking Jon Kitna out there every single play of every single game, even though he got fucking leveled a couple dozen times every game -- problem was, he never got hit hard enough to knock him out of the game, just hard enough to knock his room-temperature football IQ down into sub-freezing territory. If the dumb fuck wasn't going to throw enough stupid picks, take enough stupid sacks, or cough up enough stupid fumbles in the first place, getting bulldozed on every other play made sure of it.

Kitna of course piled up a lot of completions and yardage. Big fucking deal. The third string QB on some junior varsity Division III team would pile up a lot of completions and yardage if you sent him out there to throw 50 passes every game.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Nicely played.

I'm picturing one day some team hiring a trimunative of great position coaches who never should have been head coaches: Martz, Buddy Ryan and Frank Gansz. If Tony Sparano keeps finding jobs ...

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Is Les Steckel still around?

(Which reminds me, what if he'd married a woman named Tess?)

5. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

If the Texans lose tomorrow night, I will not renew my season tickets.

There. I said it.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

That seems rash.

7. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

It is the 2011 Texans and the 2011 Colts.

Come on.

10 years later. Nothing hard going on here.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Andre Rison just cracked Mercury Morris' cat in the head with an empty champagne bottle.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So, a toothless policy meant to make it look like they are addressing the Browns' fuck-up without actually addressing the Browns' fuck-up. Pathetic.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

You and I might have been in a bit of pissing match over this earlier this week, but I couldn't agree with you more. And every sports media outlet breathlessly reports this as if it's a noble policy the NFL is enacting.

Basically, they're hiring some dude to pay attention, but he can't actually do anything other than tell the medical personnel, hey you should take a look at so-and-so. And if the team doesn't want to lose their player, they can still examine his wrist and not let on that they think he has a possible concussion.

Useless policy.

11. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

Was it the bottle used to celebrate the Packers' loss to the Chiefs?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I would very much question the ability of an athletic trainer to diagnose a concussion. It is difficult to do even for a doctor. This move is indeed window-dressing. If the league really wanted to do it, finding two neurologists or other similarly qualified medical professionals in each locale to monitor the sidelines 8-12 weekends a year would be easy to do.

Draft saved Draft deleted