1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 16: Lance Moore only needs eyeblack under one eye

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 20, 2011.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Harbaugh is looking at the Aikman model where the guy goes to the Pro Bowl even though he's only got 16 & 8 because the Cowboys won.

The reality is even my fellow fanboys and I don't believe that.

Smith makes the 1995 Harbaugh of the Colts look like a HOF'er. I bet Coach H on the sidelines thinks at times "damn I would have hit the TE on the seam right there!" but never says it.

2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

So Josh McCown is starting for the Bears against the Packers this Sunday.

Which is a good time to bring up this again:

3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I don't have to click the link. I know what it is.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed. Smith made some good throws, but he missed wide open receivers for potential touchdowns at least three times Monday night.

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Hopefully, Lance is doing a homage, because if not, he's about 20 years late to the party:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Like seeing the Jets/Giants scheduled late in the season with a lot on the line. I do think this will end up being a Giant rout, followed by them spanking the Cowboys next week to grab the NFC East.

Also like the Bolts chances in Detroit. And who holds the tiebreak between the Broncos and the Chargers? I'm guess the Broncos. Let's say the Bills sack up this week and knock off Denver, does that mean the Chargers could be in the playoffs with a Black hole win and rooting for Kyle Orton to knock off the team who dumped him and the deity who replaced him?

7. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

Maybe Lance is planning on burning his wife's house down.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'm having a hard time trying to think of any success Martz has had since the "Greatest Show on Turf" Rams with Warner.

9. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

I'm having an easy time remembering recent, massive fail.

His playcalling reeks of Martzerbation.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Martz is a fucking idiot whose only objective with a football team is to pile up fantasy stats: passing yards, completion percentage and TDs. Period, that's it.

Sacks, turnovers, season-shattering hits on the QB and losses mean nothing and hanging all responsibility/blame on the defense/ special teams/head coach is everything as long as you understand Mike Martz is a geen-yus.

He goes into pissy fits when he starts catching heat, and instead of passing the ball 50 times in a row, he'll run it 50 times in a row (for a net of 88 yards) just to prove he can. Nyah, nyah, neener neener.

He's been coasting off his freak/fluke seasons in St. Louis for a decade now.

11. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Ted Phillips and Jerry Angelo find your ideas intriguing, and they wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

The playcalling in the first half of the Chicago-NYG game in October of 2010 remains the closest I've ever seen a professional offensive coordinator come to intentionally killing a quarterback.

Draft saved Draft deleted