1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 16: Lance Moore only needs eyeblack under one eye

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 20, 2011.

1. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

The Bears are done, and have been done ever since Cutler was injured.

But my bitterness lingers. Not self-pity, because injuries happen. Just bitterness, because they were playing their best all-around football in a decade (better than last year, better than 2006) and.... just stepped into an open mine-shaft.

This week, Lovie Smith has refused to announce who will start at QB against Green Bay.

What a strange, sad place his mind is.

Keep that card close to your chest, Lovie.

(Psst. You aren't holding any cards).

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Andre Carter's injury is a big deal to New England. They already rank 32nd with him, but I can't see that defense generating anything close to QB pressure in the playoffs.

They really are going to be aiming to win 41-38 every week.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It was a manhandling.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

His loyal and honorable offensive coordinator, Mike Martz, standing behind him with dagger poised, will tell him who is starting at QB when he feels like it.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

they would be better off putting Hester under center and running a Bronco style offense.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Hoping Martz will take the fall for this. Not his fault he didn't put an NFL-caliber quarterback other than Cutler on the roster, but people need to be let go.

7. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

That is the one matchup I hope Detroit doesn't end up with. Lions secondary is mediocre and the Saints are, well, the Saints and can put up huge offensive numbers.

8. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Dream Team.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Oh man, Jim Harbaugh needs to visit this board so he can figure out how unimportant winning is.

Asked if he envisions Alex Smith as the 49ers’ long-term quarterback, Harbaugh replied: “I do.” And had he said otherwise, we really would have had a story to write. But Harbaugh explained his attraction to Smith in this term: He is judged by his win total, not passing yards or touchdown passes.

Because of that, Harbaugh lumped Smith in with Green Bay’s Aaron Rodgers and New Orleans’ Drew Brees as the NFC’s top three quarterbacks, and Harbaugh reitterated his stance that Smith should go to the Pro Bowl. A quick bio on Alex Smith: No. 1 overall draft pick in 2005, signed a third contract to stay with the 49ers this season (one year, $4.9 milliion) and revived his career upon Harbaugh’s arrival.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2011/12/20/harbaugh-fawns-over-the-smiths-alex-is-long-term-qb-justin-mvp-aldon-sack-phenom/

10. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Alex Smith over Matthew Stafford, Matt Ryan, Cam Newton, Eli Manning, Tony Romo? Meh.

11. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

That's called "defending your man." What is he SUPPOSED to say? "Oh, we'll win if our QB doesn't fuck it up?"

No, you make your QB feel good about himself and the role that is being asked of him. And if you are able to get Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady tomorrow instead of him, you dump him like garbage off the side of a New Jersey bridge (just kidding Jersey folks).

Or would you REALLY feel like you have a comparable QB in Smith? Please.

12. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Lots of other firing-worthy things are his fault.

I hope he takes the fall, and there is a rope tied to Angelo's ankle.

MATT DAMON MATT DAMON MATT DAMON

MIKE MARTZ MIKE MARTZ MIKE MARTZ

Draft saved Draft deleted