1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 16: I knew Scott Zolak wore this number, and that's just sad.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Dec 17, 2012.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

you don't understand -- ryan obviously determined from the beginning that, when healthy, tebow woud be the no. 2 qb, to placate the owner. where he was inexplicably stupid was in not even dressing mcelroy as the no. 3 as his safety precaution in case sanchez sustained an in-game injury. in that case he would've been forced to play tebow. dress mcelroy as no. 3 you could go right to him to replace an injured sanchez.

you're absolutely correct that not even dressing mcelroy in jax made absolutely no sense. ryan innvented some cockamamie excuse about mcknight experiencing migraines as the reason he ran out of roster spots. his explanation has never made sense to anyone.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The more I look at it, the more I think Rex's entire goal was to avoid the situation Denver had when they finally said "Fuck it, fans, here's your hero" and then he KEPT WINNING. If Tebow played and lost, the Jets would have been fine with that, but no way did they want him to win and then they have to go through what Elway went through last year.

There's no earthly way they could have thought for the last two months that Sanchez gave them a chance in hell.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Maybe it is no more complicated than the simply doesn't believe he can play.

4. LongTimeListener

Then he would have gone to McElroy at some point. You can't just play 14 games with a quarterback like that.

But he had to keep QB #1 in because maybe you wanted to try QB #3 but you couldn't skip over QB #2, and plus what if you try QB #3 and he sucks so bad that you can't leave him in either and now you've opened the door to QB #2 being the only remaining option?

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Maybe, but I think it is a case of Ryan being a stubborn mule and hoping Sanchez would at least play to the level that allowed his team to go to 2 AFC championship games. Not that Sanchez was the main factor in that but some coaches get blind spots for players.

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Bad QBs that wore #16?

Steve F'n Pelleur!

7. LongTimeListener

What's hilarious is that there are decisions to be made at some numbers about who was worse. Cade McNown lost out to Avellini too.

8. LongTimeListener

What? We're off point here?

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Avellini and McNown wore different numbers and both got their own threads. I have veered from the former Bears angle a couple times. I suppose I could have used Blanda, but he's a Hall of Famer, and that would be wildly off point.

10. LongTimeListener

Did I miss the McNown thread? I can't imagine that.

Craig Krenzel would have been a solid choice this week.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

It was called Cade McNown's Parking Spot. Hard to miss.

12. LongTimeListener

Ok, that jogs the memory. That's right, I think Vince Evans was determined to be way too good.

Draft saved Draft deleted