1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 16: I knew Scott Zolak wore this number, and that's just sad.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Dec 17, 2012.

1. printit

printit Member

I will never understand judging QBs by Super Bowl wins. Is Jim Kelly a better QB if Scott Norwood makes his field goal? Is Tom Brady a worse QB if Adam Vinateri misses one of his?

2. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

Romo played well....it's just my general opinion of the guy, the knuckleheaded cap and this quote just smacks of "I have no idea what to say." Not a Romo fan. He's brilliant and stupid rolled into one.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Yes, apparently.

4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I don't judge Kelly too harshly because he got there four times in a row. Didn't lose home games in the playoffs. Same reason I always back Kurt Warner. 7-0 at home in playoffs. Went 1-2 in SB but in both losses he led his team to tie or gave them the lead late.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

When are people going to realize that wins is an even worse statistic for quarterbacks than it is for pitchers and by a large margin?

Ben Roethlisberger was terrible in Super Bowl XL. The Seahawks managed to fuck up enough to allow the Steelers to overcome that. Roethlisberger gets a win for that stinker of a performance and people still don't get it.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-tight-end-millers-knee-injury-to-require-surgery-extensive-rehab-667691/

Turns out Heath Miller has a torn ACL after all along with the torn MCL initially reported. Could be a huge blow to the Steelers for next season when they are already likely to lose Mike Wallace as a free agent.

Also, this is the price of the NFL's focus on blows to the head. Players have been saying this for a while, that it was going to force defenders to dive at offensive players knees if they can't hit high. That is exactly what the Bengals' defensive back did on the play that tore up Miller's knee. It was in the open field and he dove right for the knees as Miller caught the ball. Perfectly legal hit, but a very damaging one.

Draft saved Draft deleted