1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 16: I knew Scott Zolak wore this number, and that's just sad.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Dec 17, 2012.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I'm sure Pete Carroll was worried about Arizona rallying.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

A lot of teams pull back and start playing it safe when they're up 3-4 touchdowns. To some extent that's smart, play it safe, run the ball and the clock, but it allows teams to come back. That wasn't the case in either of Seattle's last two games... On Sunday, the Seahawks were throwing until the final drive of the game.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Didn't they also run a fake punt?

4. Mizzougrad96

Yup.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

If Wilson has a great game against SF and Seattle wins, he deserves some second-place votes. If they even give those.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I suppose if you want your team ready for the biggest game it's played in years, you don't dial it back leading up to said game.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

There's a chance RG3 is the only one of the Big Three rookie QBs that doesn't make the playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Indeed. A good chance, actually. Better than either of the other teams missing the playoffs. Not sure RG3 would be to blame, though. But I get your point, and it's a good one, so I retract my statement earlier about Seattle having to beat SF. If Wilson continues to play great, he's in the discussion. For sure. I don't know how much stock I put in the last two wins, but it's enough. Kid's awesome.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I thought that was the best example yet of the Pats' play-60-minutes strategy that Belichick unveiled in 2007. I used to think it was all about him sticking it to everybody. But you can see they are in tune with the idea of playing every down. And I think the 49ers weren't.

10. Mizzougrad96

The Niners clearly dialed it back a notch after going up 31-3. That was definitely a mistake considering who they were playing.

I almost think it was a good sign that the Niners made as many mistakes as they did and left as many points out there as they did and were still able to win. It would have been one thing if it had taken a perfect game to beat the Pats.

11. LongTimeListener

The Patriots didn't have Gronk, which renders a lot of the other stuff meaningless. He is that important.

12. LongTimeListener

Josh Brent won't be allowed on the Cowboys' sideline. Anymore.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/8758149/josh-brent-dallas-cowboys-now-barred-sidelines-sources

Cowboys must have the same image consultants as the ESPN execs who decided to replay Rob Parker's comments all day and then suspend Parker for inappropriate comments.

Draft saved Draft deleted