1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 15

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by justgladtobehere, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

He already is. He's right on pace to match Kaepernick's 2015 season.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

JC would make an ass of himself, as he often tends to do in my presence.

3. outofplace

Give the Steelers' coaching staff credit. They actually had a decent plan against the Patriots for once. I still think they got a little pass-happy at times, especially given how well Samuels was running, but the defensive game plan in particular was solid.

I still don't understand starting Artie Burns. I'm fairly certain he was the one who should have stuck with Hogan on the early touchdown pass. It was a little tough to tell, but the fact that the Steelers yanked him from the game after that sure seemed to be a strong indication that Burns blew it again.

The same is true of Boswell. Yes, he came through on the 48-yarder, but I still don't see how the Steelers can trust him. He missed from 32 and he has been horrible all season.

I'm still stunned, but happy. The Steelers did a nice job on those last few plays and Brady actually looked human on the final two possessions of the game. The interception to Haden was the kind of mistake you never see from Brady, certainly not against the Steelers. I caught Ryan Clark's breakdown of the fourth-down play with 20 seconds left and I thought it was a good one. Brady bailed on the throw even though it didn't seem like any of the pass rushers were close enough that he had to do it. Rather than firing the ball into Edelman's gut, he sailed it a little. Give the Steelers credit for making Brady feel pressure so often in the game, but that's still the type of play Brady usually makes.

I'll certainly take it. This looked so much like previous losses to the Patriots, right until that final play. It's great to see the Steelers finally pull one of these out.

4. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Fasnicatint that most outcomes are not determined until 60 minutes on the game clock is expired.

5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Tomlin still believes in Burns. Granted, the window might have closed tonight, but he believes his players can play. He gives them confidence by playing g them.

He might have saved his kicker tonight. Who knows?

That D essentially kept NE out of the end zone outside of one broken play.

I also think Brady is about 75% of the QB that beat Atlanta. He’s getting old. So is Gronk.

6. outofplace

Actually, that one was pretty much done with over 15 seconds remaining!

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Has there ever been a great team with bad special teams?

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I look forward to his super bowl appearance.

9. outofplace

Tomlin's belief in Burns and Boswell nearly cost his team a game it had to have.

Brady has definitely lost a little off his fastball, though his receivers did him few favors with the drops tonight. Gronkowski didn't look right at all. It's not like double-teaming him worked much for the Steelers in the past.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Link

11. outofplace

I knew Jaylen Samuels wasn't a feature back in college, but I didn't realize that today's game was the first time he had ever rushed for over 100 yards in a game. He never did it in high school or college.

12. outofplace

Draft saved Draft deleted