1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 15: What's the Morrall to the story?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Hustle

Hustle Guest

As it turns out, Dallas ain't the only one...

Clinton Portis: "We got a genius for a head coach, I don't know, I'm sure he on top of things. He's got everything figured out. Hey, that's up to him. All I can do is when he calls a play is go out and try to execute to the best of my ability."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2008/12/portis_rips_zorn.html

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Honestly, the loss of DT Jovan Haye in the center of the defensive line was somewhat important in the Panthers gashing them last. Not as important as the horrible tackling, but the Panthers were able to go straight up the middle on the bulk of the big runs they made.

Ryan Sims, his replacement, and the rest of the line got pushed off the line way too easily, creating those huge holes.

3. joe king

joe king Active Member

David Woodley is without question the worst quarterback ever to take a team to the Super Bowl. In fact, getting the Dolphins to the Super Bowl with Woodley is what convinced me Don Shula was the greatest coach ever.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If you can run for 300 yards on another NFL team, then you are a legit contender for the Super Bowl.

I don't care if it's the Lions or a banged up Bucs, 300 yards is 300 yards.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

And none of them were marquee names. Sorry.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's tough to have a bunch of no name guys, especially on defense to put together anything decent or even a perfect season.

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Skeletor laughs in your face!

8. Sam Mills 51

I dunno about that.

The offense is limited, but a lot of that would be cured with a big ol' bucket of Lester Hayes' stick'um - Antonio Bryant excluded.

That's still a great defense, just one that got pulverized by a team committed to playing power football. There's a reason that, with DeAngelo Williams still emerging, that team drafted a bowling-ball back in Jonathan Stewart in the first round then traded back up to get a road-grading tackle like Jonathan Otah. Either this would work, or John Fox and Marty Hurney were going to be looking for jobs in a few weeks.

One of the calls on Ronde Barber on Monday night was utter garbage. This team hasn't forgotten how to play defense. And as long as Tampa has that, nobody will be very eager to play the Bucs.

9. Tommy_Dreamer

But they lost to Dallas without Tony Romo so they must really suck! :D

10. Sam Mills 51

It's not easy to be 9-4 in the NFC South. I mean, the Saints are bringing up the rear at 7-6.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Sorry but NOBODY should give up 300 rushing yards. If the Panthers can pull that off, the Giants might gain 500 yards rushing on the Bucs.

The Bucs MIGHT win one playoff game with that popgun offense, especially against a team with no running game like the Cardinals. No way they win more than that. What was the stat during the first half last night? Two drives, 160 yards, one field goal?

I know the popgun offense got hot at the right time in 2002, but that's not happening again.

12. Tommy_Dreamer

Yeah, but they lost to Dallas! How the heck can they be 9-4. I mean they must be worse than Detroit to have lost to Dallas! :D

OK, I'll stop. Bucs are a good team and I'll be rooting for them to beat Atlanta this weekend.

Draft saved Draft deleted