1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 15: What's the Morrall to the story?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Dec 9, 2008.

1. patchs

patchs Active Member

Next week will be a David Woodley Week 16 thread.
    Miami can't overlook the Niners like the Jets and Bills did.
    Since Miami is playing Christmas week in KC, Ed Podolak will be back in uniform for the Chiefs.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

1-15 to 11-5 and a division title is more impressive to me.

Rays didn't win shit at the end.

3. Simon_Cowbell

I don't think the Bills or Jets overlooked them, they are simply a much better team since Singletary took over.

Hell, they almost won in Arizona.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Very true. Either have 2 divisions of 8 teams or Send the Lions to MEAC and the Raiders to the WAC, go back to 6 division of 5 teams

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

If a division title that Miami won't even win is more impressive to you than a World Series appearance, you must be a huge Atlanta Braves fan.

6. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

The Rays won their division and the AL Pennant. The Dolphins will be pounded by Tennessee, Pittsburgh or Baltimore in the playoffs. If they make the Super Bowl then you'll have an arguement. Also, the Dolphins have had success before. The Rays had never finished over .500.

7. Simon_Cowbell

The last line is plumb dumb.

The Rays had PLENTY of young talent, and everyone knew it.

They increased their winning percentage by less than 20 percent.

Big deal.

And, making the World Series once you have made the playoffs? A total crapshoot, as opposed to the NFL.

8. TheSportsPredictor

Really? Then why has it been four years since a team that earned a playoff bye won the Super Bowl?

9. Simon_Cowbell

In two of the past three seasons, a non-division winner has taken the Lombardi.

That's a trend?

10. TheSportsPredictor

In three consecutive seasons a low-seeded team has won the Super Bowl by beating a team with a better record. That's a trend.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

One win to advance = crapshoot (any given Sunday, etc.).
    Three or four wins to advance = being the better team.

12. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

Why, oh why, do the Saints have me believing just a little bit again? Is it because Sean Payton finally decided to run the fuckin' football?

My extreme fandom won't allow me to see the obvious 55-pass attempt game that's coming up from Brees on Thursday night. My mind is playing tricks on me like Willie D and Bushwick Bill, telling me that Payton has learned his lesson and will use St. Pierre & Reggie in a two-back formation that causes matchup nightmares for other teams and allows the draw/screen/play action attack to flourish.

Can someone help me see the truth of this before Thursday night?

Draft saved Draft deleted