1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 15: What's the Morrall to the story?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Dolphins get their last home game, against the 49ers with a gimpy Frank Gore, as the most amazing turnaround in pro sports history still has a chance of happening.

Eagles and Bucs will be the NFC wild cards

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

That thread title is no Starr.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Cowbell, if the Dolphins make the playoffs, you gotta start a tout website. That'd be uncanny.

Eagles would be some story too.

How many .500 or better last place teams will there be? Three? Bills, Redskins/Cowboys, Saints/Falcons?

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

If the Bills are .500, that will be a miracle that will almost assuredly include a win in Denver.

If that were to happen, the Chargers would still have a shot.

The NFL has played Russian Roulette with these four-team divisions and have been really lucky there hasn't been a 7-9 winner.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Dallas will be fine. But I've said for years they need to add one more playoff team in each conference. Only the team with the best record in each conference gets a first-round bye.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Yeah, let's see if we can't get some more 8-8 and 7-9 teams in the playoffs. ::)

8. that wouldn't be the case this year

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

There's no point even having a division if you play your competition only six times.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Aw, c'mon. No love for Vince Ferragamo?

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Proof that Jerry Jones might know business and might know how to make money, but teams aren't fantasy football, and that little human element tends to be overlooked.

Bring in all the talent you wish, Jerry. But it has to work with one another, and nothing you can say or do changes that. Including your stupidity with Marion Barber.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The kid that replaced Barber did not do too badly.

I think he broke off a 50-yard run or a catch and run. I want to say he had over 150 total yards.

Now the Cowboys have a more healthy Barber for the Giants, and I think beating the Giants is much more important for the Cowbays than beating the Steelers.

Draft saved Draft deleted