1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 15 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wannabeu, Dec 13, 2007.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

That doesn't make him good, it merely makes him the least objectionable.

Is there anyone doing running commentary on NFL games that you actually enjoy listening to?

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

None.

And there really is not a national announcer in anysport that I get overly excited for anymore. It is all so bland.

I think it would be interesting to watch a game without a play-by-play guy. I mean, I why do I need someone telling me what I just saw? This is not radio.

Wouldn't it be more interesting to have Jaworski and Hodge being the announcers but just talking about what they are seeing? No need for play by play. Just them talking like they would if they were watching the game with each other at home.

That I would be excited to watch.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The NFL Fashion Police should fine the shit out of Houston for those all-red unis last night.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

With the on screen graphics, the superimposed lines showing the line of scrimmage and the 1st down marker and the down and distance somewhere on the screen, the clock and score omnipresent, there's absolutely no need for p-b-p.

Have 2 guys in the booth, one an offense guy, the other defense, and let them argue about what to call next.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Collinsworth is fantastic.

6. Mooninite

Mooninite Member

I'll be headed there after working a late shift on Saturday night. One of the few meaningful games the Browns have had since returning. I'll be dressed up in my Santa suit complete with my late father's 40-year old corncob pipe. I'm also bringing a bag full of toys for the team's toy drive for needy kids.
    Anyone else going to the game PM me and I'll buy you a beer.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Is Foxboro going to be a weather hellhole for the Pats game?

If so, Vegas could take a bath the other way on New England with all that money going on the Jets.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Foxboro&state=MA&site=BOX&textField1=42.063&textField2=-71.2493

Periods of snow before 9am, then periods of rain and sleet. The rain and snow could be heavy at times. High near 35. East wind between 11 and 14 mph, with gusts as high as 43 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between one and two inches possible.

God steps in on NE.

There is a reason why you need to run the ball.

9. patchs

patchs Active Member

Well, tomorrow I have to suffer through the wind and rain in Miami.
    I must be crazy leaving the snowy northeast.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Oh by the way, there's a game tonight ... Cincinnati and SF 0-0 after 1.

11. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

it's a faaaaaaaan-tastic

14-10 niners at half

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Niners now up 17-10. Here's hoping they win, because the Patriots own their first-round pick in 2008.

Draft saved Draft deleted