1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 15 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Dec 9, 2014.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Agree to disagree, I think it's as easy a call as you can have in that situation. Even though I tend to agree with you that I doubt they would have made it on 4th and goal but that was your best shot.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

No idea how Prisco got a national platform- unsophisticated analysis, bland writing and reporting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. ryanb

ryanb Member

The possibility of a score on a return is one reason you take the points. Another is that you give your offense multiple opportunities to make something happen and the opposing defense multiple opportunities to screw up, if you take the points and then get the ball back. None of those scenarios seem likely, but taking the field goal there gives your team more opportunities. Failing means the game is over then and there.

4. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

I remember when Jeff Fisher was being hailed for such a ballsy, visionary, gambling genius of a coach when he pulled off the fake punt against the Seahawks. And when he was so awesome for shutting out two teams that had quit on the season, and did that hilarious coin toss captains selection.

He got the fuck exposed last night. $7 million a year for another 8-8.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

So play to extend the game not win the game. The offence already showed it couldn't do shit against that D. Boy did their 2 minute offence when they got the ball back look dangerous. They came ever so close to scoring.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

What record do you expect with that QB?

7. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Let's be fair, nobody thought the Rams were going to be worth a shit this season. They just had back-to-back shutouts and then played like crap last night.

After Bradford went down, most people thought they'd be in line for the No. 1 pick. They're in the toughest division in football and can still finish at .500.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Last year, the Rams would have won any NFC division besides the one they played in.

This year they'd be way ahead in the South and probably competitive in the East.

They held the Broncos to seven points.

Fisher has the groundwork in on that team.

9. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Really, the only major question on that team is QB. I'll be curious what they do there.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

This is a good team, on par with the Cardinals before their rise.
    Defense is more active than their recent SB teams.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I accept some of the reasoning for kicking the field goal, EXCEPT: Failing means the game is over then and there.

To me, you make the moves that give you the best chance to win, even if a negative ends the game with five minutes to go. (but you'd still have a chance at a safety, even with that negative result).

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The Bears' offensive coordinator has a stern talking-to coming from RickStain -- but before that he had to issue a "tearful apology" for criticizing The Great Cutler. (Kromer denied saying the team had "buyer's remorse," but he copped to being the source for the rest of Rapoport's report, particularly about Cutler refusing to check out of bad run plays.)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-biggs-aaron-kromer-bears-spt-1212-20141211-story.html

Awesome lead by Brad Biggs: As Bears fans know, Jay Cutler can make a grown man cry.

ESPN follow on the report cites an unnamed assistant coach that the report "might have just gotten us all whacked."

Draft saved Draft deleted