1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 15 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Dec 9, 2014.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It's getting good.

DALLAS (9-4) at PHILADELPHIA (9-4): NBC executives split their time this week between an advance writing session regarding the ratings, and multiple group masturbation sessions.

SAN FRANCISCO (7-6) at SEATTLE (9-4): Pete Carroll gets to pound the final nail into the coffin of Jim Harbaugh's 49ers career. Carroll totally won't get into that, not at all.

CINCINNATI (8-4-1) at CLEVELAND (7-6): Johnny Midget tries to stand taller than he is and save the Browns' season.

PITTSBURGH (8-5) at ATLANTA (5-8): Stay out of Milledgeville, Ben.

HOUSTON (7-6) at INDIANAPOLIS (9-4): "We haven't ever won there. We've never won there," Texans Coach Bill O'Brien says. Need to start to keep the playoff hopes alive.

And of course, the Redskins continue to fall into the disarray and paranoia that we all love so much. From Thomas Boswell: Before the 24-0 skunking by the St. Louis Rams on Sunday at half-empty FedEx Field, one of last year’s Washington team captains, London Fletcher, eviscerated defensive coordinator Jim Haslett, calling him “clueless.” “How does he still have his job?” Fletcher asked, followed by accusations that Haslett was a career-long back-stabber who was no doubt at work undermining Coach Jay Gruden and shifting blame. Why doesn’t Dan Snyder just rename FedEx Field? Call it: Treachery, Slime and Slander Stadium.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

When's the last time there was a double-digit point spread for a Seattle-SF game?

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Based on the evidence of their last games, Pittsburgh-Atlanta could threaten the alltime points scored record, which I believe is Washing 73-New York Giants 41 from the 1960s.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

That shit got real on the radio yesterday:

I think that if you have a problem with Jim Haslett, and he should be replaced, that’s fine; I don’t think you’d find five people that would disagree with you. But you went to war with that guy for four years, he protected you when your play fell off, and you have been chomping at the bit to take this guy down ever since you hung it up.

“I honestly believe you’ve completely changed my opinion of you, London. As a person, I think you have no class, I think you’re a phony, and I think you’re a backstabber. I’m just completely put off by the way you have attacked Jim Haslett, personally.”

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/12/08/eb-of-the-junkies-tells-london-fletcher-hes-a-phony-for-haslett-remarks-listen/

Fletcher doubled down in his response:

“So, it just came to a point where I was watching that Colts game, and continued to see guys running wide open. There was, what? Four or five times where there was nobody in the vicinity of a receiver, play after play. And you continue to hear the same stuff over and over again. One minute it’s the change to a 3-4 defense; next minute, it’s salary cap; next minute, it’s injuries; next minute, it’s Mike Shanahan; next minute, this. At what point in time do you say, ‘You know what? It’s me. I need to do better.’ "

5. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Agreed. If smoke is seen rising from the dome, it's because the scoreboard exploded.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Johnny Football is in! Twitter should be fun Sunday.

7. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I fully expect this one to be one of the biggest blowouts of the season.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

If Seattle's up big and scores late, Pete Carroll needs to go for two.

9. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

He will. He's telling his players to take extra Adderall this week to get ready. :D

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

With Buffalo's strong defensive front, I am expecting the Bills-Packers game to be a pretty good one, too.

They just stopped Manning's TD streak on Sunday, and that was in Denver. At home, I expect the Bills to put up a very good fight.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/12/08/the-15-most-depressing-things-said-or-written-about-the-redskins-this-week/?tid=pm_sports_pop

And there are 15. I'm sure he had to narrow it from that actually, because each one is very strong. I didn't think it was possible to be in worse shape than they were with the Shanahii, but I think they've done it.

Mike Jones, to the Junkies, about RGIII:

“Last Friday, after practice, he was on the field by himself for like 40 minutes, just punting the ball, and running after it, and punting the ball and running after it. The guy looks like he’s lost, doesn’t know what’s going on, and so I did feel bad for him. … Everybody’s in the locker room changing their clothes, getting ready to go, and he’s just out there for like 40 minutes punting the ball, he’d run after it, punt the ball.”

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

The Redskins are about ready to punt him.

Draft saved Draft deleted