1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 15 thread -- Starry nights at Lambeau

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Dec 15, 2020.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I know this won’t happen, but what could the Bengals get for Burrow if they were to trade him? Third-round pick?

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Smith-Schuster is a free agent after this season, so he is going to be gone with no compensation. That is part of the frustration with the Steelers. Things are only going to get worse. Smith-Schuster, Villanueva, Conner, and Dupree are all probably gone after this season. Feiler, Hilton, and Sutton are also free agents. They may try to keep Hilton and Sutton and cut Haden for cap reasons. They have an entire offensive line to rebuild, no long-term answer at quarterback or running back, and a defense that will have some holes due to free agency.

Splendid Splinter likes this.
  3. outofplace

Sadly, that is a free agent and a guy with an untradeable contract. The Eagles take a big dead money hit even if they can trade him.

4. outofplace

You're kidding, right? Even with the injury, his value is much higher than that, though you are right that they wouldn't consider it.

5. outofplace

Gotcha. I misread. You're right. There is no reason for any opponent to respect throws down the field. Even when Roethlisberger tries, he can't connect. The receivers know it, too. Claypool had his man beat deep on that last drive. It should have been a touchdown, but even he knew it was going to be underthrown.

6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I don't think the offensive line is as bad as you think.

Pass rushers are literally rushing to a spot because they know Ben will be there. He does not move right to left anymore and there is zero fear of him running down the field.

McFadden and Snell can be the RBs next year. Conner isn't worth a shit anymore.

They're still a legit playoff team if they cut Ben, re-sign JuJu and Dupree, and get an average QB or get the ND kid in the draft (or both).

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think at least half the teams in the league would accept that offer in about 1.7 seconds, and that's only because they'd spend the first 1.5 seconds picking their jaw up off the floor.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

This won’t happen because it’s not a fair value.

People would’ve said the same thing about Baker Mayfield a year ago. They’d have been just as wrong.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

What? Why would you think that?

sgreenwell likes this.
  10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I think even if you assume the acquiring team isn't allowed access to his medicals, Burrow still fetches a first or second round pick.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

A second round pick?
    Are you guys insane?

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

If they redid the 2020 draft today, Burrow would go at worst second, behind Herbert. *With* his injury.

Draft saved Draft deleted