1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 15: O holy night, the Starrs are brightly shining

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Dec 15, 2009.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to the opportunity to get the last word again. :)

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And once again, it wasn't a fan of "that team" that did it. 93Devil is right. The only reason they matter right now is that all three of their remaining opponents are fighting for playoff berths.

3. outofplace

The Ravens could go 3-0 with the Bears, Steelers and Raiders on the remaining schedule. The Bears are a mess and the Steelers have fallen apart, though maybe a chance to spoil thing for their rivals will wake them up. The Raiders looked dangerous with Gradkowski, but now he is done for the year.

I doubt the Bengals go 0-3, though. The Chargers should beat them, but they should be able to get one against the Chiefs or the Jets.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

It was both of you.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Loaded with what? Mediocrity after the Saints, Vikings and maybe the inconsistent Eagles?

6. outofplace

My apologies. I was not clear. By "did it" I meant bringing up "that team." I am absolutely deserving of part of the blame for that thread getting locked.

7. What he said.
    Two teams... Saints and Vikes.

8. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

The Ravens have by far the easiest schedule of any AFC Wild Card contender. At worst, they go 2-1 the rest of the way.

The key game for Miami will be next week at Tennessee. If they can win that, they've got an excellent shot. Then again, whose to say they couldn't lose to Houston and Pittsburgh?

As for the others, the Jets' remaining schedule is pretty rough, and I can't see Jacksonville beating Indy and New England back to back.

9. outofplace

True, but you can't just look at the schedules. That is the trap many people fell into with the Steelers. The Ravens have shown they can play some very bad football at times this season. Sure, they can run and stop the run as well as anybody right now, but they that doesn't mean as much as it used to.

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I honestly think the two best teams in the league are the Saints and the Chargers - and I don't see a close second in either conference.

And I think the Chargers are the class of the entire NFL - they really have everything in place, they are healthy and they rolling right now.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

The Chargers? Come on Zag' you think there is any way they get past the second round with Norv Turner?

You have to like the Vikings and Colts more than the Chargers.

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Well, there is the Norv factor but answer this honestly - if you had one collection of players to pick, the Chargers would be the choice, particularly now that they are healthy.

I think if I had to to do the power rankings for the NFL it would be this....

1. Chargers
    2. Saints
    3. Vikings
    4. Colts
    5. Eagles
    6. Arizona
    7. Green Bay
    8. Patriots
    9. Bengals
    10. Titans

Oh wait a minute, we need to get our minds out of the gutter....what the hell were we thinking....

1. Steelers
    2. Steelers practice squad
    3. Guys who were cut by the Steelers in training camp
    4. Farrell Steelers
    5. The flag football team known as the Steelers that plays in Brookline Park
    6. Iowa Hawkeyes, because we all know they copied the Steelers uniforms
    7. Chargers
    8. The 1970's Steelers, even though they are all about 60 years old
    9. Saints
    10. The Penguins, even though they play hockey......

Draft saved Draft deleted