1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 15: O holy night, the Starrs are brightly shining

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If they're playing the Pokes, not a chance. If they're playing the Giants, watch out.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

ijag just punched a wall and doesn't know why.....

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

The NFC is loaded top to bottom, no doubt.

Perhaps more than any other year.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

NFC:
    Saints
    Vikings
    Eagles
    Cardinals
    Packers
    Giants
    Expecting a meltdown from the Cowboys and a nice run by the Eagles. Also thinking the top 4 teams could come out of the NFC, Packers and Giants not so much.

AFC
    Colts
    Chargers
    Patriots
    Ravens
    Broncos
    Bengals --- I expect the Bengals to sputter.

Also, the Chargers are looking pretty good right now. How will they blow it this year?

5. Simon_Cowbell

The more I look at it, the more I like the Dolphins' chances to repeat as AFC East champions.

And, precisely as I predicted before the season, they will have a worse record than last year but have a better team.

The young studs they have on both lines (Long, Smiley, Grove on O, Starks, Soliai, Merling, Wake and Langford on D)... Henne is obviously going to be a Pro Bowl QB, maybe even next year.... Ricky's obviously got at least one more high-level year in the tank. ... Great, and I mean great, fullback. ... Extremely high-ceiling rookie corners, plus an excellent safety in Bell.

If they get the stud WR and perhaps get Antrel Rolle and a big-time outside linebacker to replace Porter/Taylor next year, damn... the Patriots easily could be predicted to finish third in the division in 2010.

The Dolphins have lost their starting QB, RB, NT and C, and have kept rolling along. Haven't been this excited about being a Dolphins fan in almost a decade.

OK, that's as close as I can get to the expert Steeler fanjaculations that occur on this board over and over again.

6. Simon_Cowbell

The Dolphins will win the division.

And I don't even think it will be via tiebreaker. If Dolphins don't win it, Jets perhaps.

I think Patriots are cooked.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Guaranteed two great games in the NFC wild card. Packers at Cards is virtually locked-in and like I said before, the other wild card will be an NFC East grudge match that could go 6 ways (3 competitors x 2 home fields).

8. Simon_Cowbell

No way Cincinnati is going 0-3 while Ravens go 3-0.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

You are talking about at 8-5 team being cooked that lost to the two best teams in the league. It's not like they were bowing out to the Lions.

They will make the playoffs.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Cowboys HAVE to win Thursday to have a chance of making it.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Bernie Kosar will drink to that.

12. Simon_Cowbell

The Dolphins played much better against those two teams.

The Patriots, who escaped with their lives at home against Buffalo in the opener, have a real test against a rejuvenated Bills up in that mausoleum in Orchard Park. Then they host hot-and-cold Jacksonville, who will be coming off a 10-day break. They finish in Houston in the Bernie Pollard reunion. I think the Texans will absolutely roast them.

Draft saved Draft deleted