1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 15: Mike Phipps' late delivery

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Dec 11, 2012.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

My wife texted me on my way home from work that Stallworth caught a TD. My first thought was, "Fucking Belichick." In a begrudgingly respectful way.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Stallworth is a member of what I call Belichick's theatrical company. Players who aren't on the roster who he knows can play and also knows he can pick up cheap to fill the inevitable holes that develop during a season.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Is it just me or have the Pats, before Monday at least, been a bit overlooked in the contender discussion? There seems to be a belief that their defense isn't all that, plus there was that loss to the Cardinals. But now they are 10-3, the three losses by a combined four points, and have destroyed the Broncos and Colts and Texans. Pretty sure they'd do the same to the Ravens if they played again today.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

New England and Denver are the only teams who have a legit shot at the Super Bowl from the AFC. Houston ain't gonna cut it, even if they do lock up homefield.

In the NFC, you got.....Giants, 49ers, Packers, Seahawks (maybe), Falcons (LOL).

Isn't that about it?

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The game I'm most interested in and least want to watch is Bears-Packers. I assume Matthews and Woodson will be back, which means it'll be a tossup as to whether Cutler throws more picks than J'Marcus Webb gives up sacks. I have absolutely no faith in the play calling or execution, but at this point I don't even care if the Bears win, I would just like to see the offensive skill players show up for a change against Green Bay.

6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Wall-to-wall tebow.

7. Michael_ Gee

LTL, the Pats didn't exactly destroy the Broncos. They survived a big late rally due to a timely interception. The Colts self-destructed. I do believe the Texans just don't match up well with New England. By contrast, the Ravens do match up better than one might think. The two teams tend to play very close games.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't know ... it was 31-7 late in the third quarter against the Broncos. (Wasn't that the game the Pats unveiled this version of the no-huddle?)

I expect to see Belichick in (wherever the Super Bowl is) in February, and it would be quite the upset if he isn't. They don't even have Gronkowski right now and they're doing this.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I was about to feel bad mojo about Packers-Bears as I had thought Mike Phipps engineered the Bears' 61-7 win in 1980, but it turns out that Vince Evans started that game, so I feel better.

One of these days, Cutler is going to show up against Green Bay.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It was kind of amazing how they were pushed aside after three early losses. I don't know that they were written off, but they certainly weren't the focus.

I kind of agree that the Broncos and Patriots are the most likely to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl. I don't think anybody is sold on the Texans. The Colts would seem to be a reach. I don't see it with the Ravens this year. I could see Pittsburgh making a run if everyone gets healthy.

I'd love to see the Broncos do it. As much as I hope the Niners or Packers make it from the NFC, an all-Manning Super Bowl would be fun to watch...

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Jets at Titans. Isn't that masterbation?

12. Michael_ Gee

Mizzou, you need to rethink that statement. Consider the two weeks of Super hype we'd be exposed to with both Mannings in the game. You'd have to disconnect yourself from all mass media to survive it.

Draft saved Draft deleted